Thatcher Company is a diversified chemical manufacturer, re-packager and distributor headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah. The company was founded in 1967 and has grown to be a major chemical supplier and distributor in the United States. Thatcher’s diversification, coupled with ever broadening product offerings, allows us to respond to the changing needs of our customers and the marketplace. Our core values include integrity, employee success, win-win relationships, customer focus, stability, safety & environment, and continuous improvement.
Thatcher Company - SLC is seeking qualified plant operators. Basic qualifications include:
- Desire and demonstrated ability to work safely and promote safety and safe work practices.
- Be quality conscious.
- HS diploma or GED equivalent.
- Stability in work history. Prefer minimum of 2-3 years prior work experience. Will waive experience requirements for applicants who demonstrate maturity and capability.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check. This includes a criminal as well as credit history.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen test and physical.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language well. This is a safety as well as an operational issue.
- Aptitude to follow written and verbal instructions in detail and learn additional skills with experience.
- Capacity to work in extreme conditions (temperature) and lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Flexibility to work day or swing shift if necessary.
- Experience in manufacturing environment including use of tools and equipment is preferred.
- Ability to wear applicable personal protective equipment (PPE) including chemical resistant gloves and boots, safety glasses, hard hat, face shield, full-face respirator (if required), chemical splash suit (overalls and jacket).
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
THATCHER COMPANY OFFERS ALL MAJOR BENEFITS INCLUDING:
COMPETITIVE STARTING WAGE - $15 - $20 HR. (DOE) PLUS APPLICABLE SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL
PAID TIME OFF - VACATION, SICK LEAVE, HOLIDAYS
HEALTH AND DENTAL INSURANCE
RETIREMENT PLAN - 100% EMPLOYER CONTRIBUTION (IN EFFECT AT AGE 21)
APPLICANTS MUST BE A MINIMUM OF 18 YEARS OF AGE AND BE WILLING TO WORK SWING OR GRAVEYARD SHIFT:
DAY SHIFT: 7AM – 3:30PM (MONDAY THRU FRIDAY)
SWING SHIFT: 3PM – 11:30PM (MONDAY THRU FRIDAY)
GRAVEYARD SHIFT: 11PM – 7:30AM (MONDAY THRU FRIDAY)
THATCHER COMPANY – 1905 W. FORTUNE ROAD, SLC, UT 84104 (EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – EOE)
500 - 1,000
CRAIG N THATCHER
$500M - $1B