- Participate in Engineering Meetings to understand DFT (Design for Test analysis), test coverage, define the test procedures and equipment intended to be used.
- Set up the test equipment, fixtures and programs. Lead the debugging process to confirm accuracy and useability of the fixture and program.
- Test individual and multiple circuit boards using product specific test procedures and equipment.
- Using the test results along with schematics, drawings, and product specifications, locate and repair the circuit malfunction.
- Enter and track yield/troubleshoot data for all tested products and participate in failure analysis. Utilize and enter data into Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems for tested and debugged assemblies.
- Interface with cross-functional groups (materials, manufacturing, process engineering).
- Develop and improve test procedures/processes with process engineering, as required. Identify continuous improvement opportunities for existing test processes and lead in their implementation.
- Maintain the condition of the tools, instruments and measuring instruments used in the course of work in good condition. Maintain and perform preventive maintenance programs for equipment as necessary.
- Minimize the number of units waiting to be repaired by working quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to the rules of occupational safety and health and take an active role in promoting an attitude that always takes safety into account.
- Comply with all in-house training as identified in job specific family and or specific training plan.
- Adhere to all ESD requirements and Board Handling specifications. Support all corporate and site 6S objectives.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Previous work experience in a manufacturing environment is required.
- 3 years of experience in EMS or NPI business preferred.
- 3 years of experience in loaded board testing (ICT), preferably at an EMS provider.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups to a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to remove and replace both surface mount and through hole components.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
- Proven multi-tasking abilities.
- Paid Time Off - We know that healthy and happy employees are ones that take time off to rejuvenate and clear their heads. We provide competitive, accrual-based paid time off for vacation and sick/personal days, in addition to separate paid time off for bereavement, jury duty, disability, and holidays.
- Parental Leave - We know you need time to welcome and celebrate each new addition to your family. We offer paid parental leave to make this possible.
- Generous Benefits - We value healthy and happy employees. We offer a 401(k) and cover 100% of the employee's premium for our competitive base health, dental, and vision package.
- Flexible Stock Options - We view options as real compensation. We allow employees who leave after two years of service to exercise their options for up to 7 years.
- San Francisco Office Location - We offer a convenient location with access to Muni, BART, and the freeway.
- Commuter Benefits - However you get to work, we want to help! We offer a variety of commuter benefits to assist with the journey to and from work.
- Transparent and Social Culture - We work better when we’re all on the same page. We have regular company-wide meetings to review milestones and metrics, and discuss the broader vision.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
About Tempo Automation
Tempo Automation designs, manufactures and fabricates printed circuit board assembly and electronic prototypes for automotive and medical sectors.