Location: Marina del Rey, CA
The People team supports the entire spectrum of People principles. The People Operations Generalist will act as the first point of contact for employment-related matters for our US team members. This person will be responsible for the daily operational functions of people operations, maintain open communications with Payroll & IT teams, and assist in maintaining a positive employee experience. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated working knowledge of human resources management, benefit administration, policy implementation, and standardization of process and procedure.
This position reports to the Sr. Director, People Operations and is based in Marina del Rey. While there is some flexibility in telecommuting, this is not a remote-first role and onsite team collaboration is required.
- Act as first point of contact for all employment-related matters for US employees and address all inquiries in a timely manner and with accuracy. #customer-centric.
- Conduct new hire orientations and ensure all new hire documentation and data is properly stored within HRIS (Workday) and employee personnel files.
- Maintain organized personnel records and updated HRIS (Workday) databases with accuracy throughout the employee’s journey at TeleSign. This includes making changes within other People team software.
- Administer TeleSign benefits plans and all enrollment/termination information. Process all elections within HRIS and communicate with Payroll of changes.
- Partner closely with other members of the team closely in communication and facilitation of regular TeleSign People programs.
- Collaborate with Administration Operations Manager on all internal events to ensure maintained compliance and safety for all employees and strategy for positive employee experiences.
- Respond to all inquiries from EDD, Unemployment insurance claims, workers comp claims or general verification of employment requests in a timely manner.
- Support the immigration process for all visa and permanent residency petitions.
- Perform other tasks as needed.
- 2 -4 years of experience in human resources operations required.
- Experience working with Workday, UltiPro, and Concur required.
- Knowledge of federal and California laws and regulations. Experience working in other states or other countries helpful.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college.
- Experience and working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills required.
- Multi-tasker with high-level of attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills across verbal, email, Word, and PowerPoint channels
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidential and sensitive information.
- Prior experience in start-ups, tech or software and in an international environment.
- Experience rolling out either Open Enrollment, Training, Performance Management, Succession Planning, or other HR-driven projects.
- Bilingual in other languages.
Telesign is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We believe our differences help us create a better workplace, a better product, and a better community. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.
Telesign also participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Telesign is an Affirmative Action Employer and as part of the commitment to AAP, it will seek to ensure affirmative action to provide equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment, and that all personnel activities, such as the recruitment selection, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, transfer, layoff and termination processes remain free of illegal discrimination and harassment based on protected characteristics.