Location: Wright Patterson AFB, OH
Security Clearance Required: TS-SCI
Certification Required: current 8570 IAT II Level Certification (CNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Sec CE, SSCP) or higher
teKnoluxion provides the Defense and Intelligence Communities technical experts in the fields of Software & Systems Engineering, Enterprise Operations, and Cloud Services Management & Consulting. Our goal is not to simply support efforts, but to ignite a technology revolution, bridging the growing technology gap between the Government and commercial space. Are you ready to test your abilities as an Systems Administrator n a sophisticated enterprise exploitation environment? Join a dedicated team supporting the NGA.
What you get to do every day:
- Maintains an organization's computer systems' workflows and is responsible for the upkeep, configuration and reliable operation of computer systems
- Work closely with both on-site and remote users to coordinate site visits and upgrades, provide on-site and remote resolution support for trouble calls
- Provide TIER 2/3 support of Unix/Windows workstations and servers, including Web servers, network attached storage devices, and stored data in support of business processing requirements
- Systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks
- Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems and management of system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 2 and Tier 3 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Install/load operating system and application software
- Isolate and resolve hardware and software problems involving the applications, the operating system, the hardware, the communications infrastructure, or any combination thereof
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Unix/Windows operating systems and layered software packages and maintains them in accordance with established policies, procedures and service level agreements; evaluation and installation of software/hardware patches and resolution of software related problems associated with COTS/GOTS products
- Create and follow procedures to maintain and manage multiple linked databases including security, data safety and integrity, disaster recovery, and bulk data import/exports
- Conduct routine and emergency maintenance of assigned data center equipment
- Communicate/coordinate scheduled preventive maintenance windows with potentially impacted customers
- Collaborate and contribute to the development, administration, and testing of backup and recovery plans
- Ensure systems are secure to STIG guidelines by utilizing tools such as Retina and HBSS
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Verify system availability with existing Enterprise tools
What skills do you need?
- Need to be able to lift/move/carry equipment as necessary (max 40 pounds)
What is ideal?
- Experience in the imagery intelligence domain a plus
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Knowledge of the Customer's processes and procedures and of the Customer's production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Prefer skills in one or more of the following: Window Server, Red Hat, IRIX, Solaris, Sybase, Informix, SQL, and Imagery Production Chain
- General knowledge of database administration, network administration and possess network configuration management skills.
- Intelligence Community Experience preferred
What you can expect from us
- Recognizing great achievements do not go unnoticed by teKnoluxion through service anniversaries, spot awards, and employee referral bonuses
- You’ll join a growing organization of passionate, top-shelf, IT engineering professionals with extensive experience in actively developing the technology revolution in the Intelligence community
- Highly competitive benefits package that reflects our objective of employing top industry performers
teKnoluxion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. In accordance with the Executive Order 14042 and guidance issued by the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force, all current and future team members at teKnoluxion must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (2 weeks past final dose) unless entitled to a legal accommodation.
IT Outsourcing & Consulting