EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – PROJECT MANAGER (ARCHITECT)
Tecton Architects has an immediate in our Hartford, CT studio for an architectural Project Manager. The ideal candidate will be an experienced professional who is passionate about creating a positive impact through design. Applicants should demonstrate a history of design savvy, technical expertise and people management. This is a full-time, hybrid position, with employees splitting the work week between our Hartford studio and remote work.
As a Project Manager, you will be an integral part of the team, reporting directly to the owners of the firm. Tecton maintains an extensive project portfolio that spans public K-12, higher education, public safety, corporate, industrial, healthcare and mixed-use environments. While our project managers often support a broad range of project types, our diverse work provides the opportunity to specialize based on interest and expertise, with current opportunities in academic, healthcare and mixed use design. This position offers the opportunity to not only provide day-to-day management of a design team and projects, but to also participate in the overall strategy, client development and market sector growth for the firm. Opportunity for upward mobility exists with potential growth to the principal level. Responsibilities will include:
- Management and motivation of staff for multiple projects, varying in size and complexity.
- Representation at client meetings, public meetings, interviews and market sector conferences.
- Development of early phase scoping and proposal writing.
- Hands-on management and scheduling of project milestones, deliverables, consultants and fees.
- Use of software and technology to communicate data or graphics for public meetings, interviews, presentations and client meetings.
- Proactive cultivation of new opportunities, project pursuits and client relationships.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Fluent in design technology software, specifically Revit.
- Experienced in other technology, software and presentation applications (i.e., Enscape, Autocad, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.).
- Able to work within time and budget constraints.
- Able to creatively solve problems to meet project goals.
- Able to manage simultaneous tasks and projects at one time.
- A skilled presenter, able to communicate design issues to groups of varying size.
- Experienced in managing a team of individuals.
- Established in the industry, with a proven ability to develop client relationships.
We are committed to cultivating the personal and professional growth of the right candidate. Individuals who have succeeded in this role have proven to be a:
- Detail-oriented designer – self-motivated, dedicated and responsive.
- Positive teammate – engaging, energetic and collaborative.
- Clear and willing communicator – able to be mentored and mentor others.
- Professional representative of the firm – calm, confident and able to manage challenges in a positive way.
- 10 years of experience in a professional setting are required.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Architecture is required. A Master’s Degree in Architecture or a related field is preferred.
- Architectural Licensure is required.
- Sustainability accreditation is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience using Revit in combined academic and professional settings is required. Advanced Revit knowledge is preferred.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a high level of skill in design thinking and presentation media is desirable.
Tecton Architects is an architecture, interior design and master planning firm with offices in Hartford, Connecticut and Westerly, Rhode Island, and licensed to practice in nine states throughout the Northeast United States.
- Established in 1979, with a well-respected reputation and a strong client base.
- Staff of 50, making Tecton one of the largest firms in the Greater Hartford area.
- Two full-service studios in Connecticut and Rhode Island, and projects throughout the Northeast.
- Diverse project portfolio that spans public K-12, higher education, public safety, corporate, industrial, healthcare and mixed-use environments.
We are committed to:
- Bringing a balanced approach to our business – we have passionate firm leadership, dedicated to strengthening relationships with our current and expanding client base, expanding our market share and building a financially stable firm.
- Cultivating a progressive work environment – we are focused on creating innovative work practices centered around team culture, use of advanced technology, a flexible and mobile workplace and continuing professional development.
- Creating a positive experience for clients and staff – with 85% of our work with repeat clients, we understand it's the human experience that makes all the difference, and we never lose sight of the fact that it’s our people that make Tecton who we are. We are careful to respect the importance of all team members and portions of the project, from innovative design, to detailed management, to the exciting conclusion of construction. This philosophy promotes a healthy attitude in the firm and is the core of our project-based team approach.
- Developing a strong framework for mentorship and growth – our relaxed studio atmosphere allows room for growing professionals to gain access to mentoring and team resources or focus on their work when needed. This approach creates the space for self-expression and support for professional advancement.
- Advancing a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion – we know that bringing together a diverse collective of values, experiences, backgrounds and viewpoints makes us stronger. It leads to more thoughtful design solutions, more creative problem solving, better team management, and ultimately, a more positive firm culture. We are committed to ensuring diversity within the firm, in our communities, through our work and in the A/E/C industry.
- Celebrating the passion of our people – we strive to maintain an open culture and are eager to have everyone contribute to the trajectory our firm. We are passionate about design as well as diligent execution, and genuinely enjoy working together to create places that change lives for the better!
Tecton Architects, pc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.