The Service Driver is responsible for picking up and delivering customers’ trucks for Service. If time allows, the Driver will also assist the branch’s Porter(s) with keeping the trucks and lot orderly to ensure smooth and efficient traffic flow through the facility and increase customer convenience. The person in the Service Driver role must be able to embody the TEC Way in order to provide each customer with A customer service.
- Pick-up customer trucks as directed by Service team and bring the truck back to the branch for service.
- Greet every customer with authenticity and warmth and demonstrate empathy. Remember that the time the truck is not in service is money lost for the customer.
- Deliver customer trucks quickly after service is complete. Answer customers’ questions about completed service if needed, and know the best resources for the customer for questions you cannot answer.
- Inspect trucks for grease spots, stains or debris that technicians may have left, and clean trucks as needed before returning them to the customer.
- Inspect each truck for damage that may have occurred during the truck’s stay on TEC’s property. Notify management immediately if damage is discovered.
- Conduct all work with the highest priority on safety of self and others. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of company policies as well as government regulations regarding safe operation of vehicles. Report accidents and near-misses to management immediately.
- Ensure the parking lot is free from hazards and debris and perform other miscellaneous duties assigned by the Service Manager.
- 2 years’ experience operating Class 8 trucks
- Valid Class A or B Commercial Driver License and ability to meet insurance requirements
- FANTASTIC customer service skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to read and interpret electronic and paper maps
- Ability to work independently, prioritize both independently and collaboratively, and use sound judgment in a changing environment
- Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance and work in a safe and alert manner
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all applicable screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.