We have a full-time opportunity for a Lot Porter to join our team. As a Lot Porter, you play a key role in enabling the rest of the team to best serve our customers. This position will be a versatile position and have a variety of duties with a heavy emphasis on clean up and driving.
TEC provides our employees and their families with a full menu of health, wellness, and retirement benefits:
- Choice of two comprehensive medical plan options that include prescription drug coverage
- Full dental plan including preventative and diagnostic care, basic and major services, and orthodontia for children
- Vision care, discounted hearing exams, and hearing aids
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company contribution
- Life, accident, and disability insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education assistance
- Seven paid holidays, vacation accrual, and paid sick leave where applicable
- Keep lot neat and orderly, moving equipment as directed
- Detail trucks, ensuring they are clean, presentable, and fueled
- Keep shop neat and orderly; clean the shop daily (take out trash, dump scrap metal, etc.)
- Safely pick up and deliver trucks and shuttle drivers to and from customer locations
- Pick up parts from other TEC dealerships and vendors
- Accurately count parts and return parts that are not needed and complete core return process
- Maintain proper parts inventory levels
- Safely and effectively use equipment
- Perform work with compliance to all company safety policies and procedures
- Occasionally assist technicians in repairs or service work on equipment
- Complete other miscellaneous tasks as directed by management
- Valid driver’s license and ability to maintain insurability
- Must obtain valid CDL within 6 months of employment and be able to operate commercial motor vehicle interstate (across state lines between Oregon and Washington); DOT regulations require drivers to be at least 21 years old to drive in interstate commerce
- Self-motivated and able to receive and follow direction
- Excellent attention to detail and able to work with minimal errors
- Ability to maintain predictable and reliable attendance
- Ability to meet physical demands of the job in safe and alert manner (job requires frequent lifting/moving up to 60lbs, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, hearing, etc.)
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of all applicable screenings.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.