Team Rubicon (TR) is seeking a Senior Technology Analyst with Dynamics CRM focus. The Senior Technology Analyst will work closely with other business units/departments to assess and understand their business, operational and transactional needs to provide solutions through technology. This will require a prodigious communicator who can translate business objectives into technical solutions, believes in cross-functional collaboration, problem solving and efficiency-building through process automation. The Senior Technology Analyst will be responsible for executing and aligning our technology vision and initiatives alongside interdepartmental and organizational objectives; as well as managing multiple projects and pivoting quickly as priorities change.
Every day will be a challenge, but every month brings new opportunities for an organization that is quickly becoming a household name in disaster response. This position reports to TR’s Manager of Business Applications and is remote based out of United States.
- Support the design, creation and implementation of business processes, workflow, technology solutions and technology frameworks across the organization - researching, configuring and managing process improvements through technology
- Prepare and maintain documentation that supports the intersection of business requirements and technology solutions including logical frames, use cases and user stories
- Provide governance of systems implementation and promote standardization and simplified user experience of the systems and processes we manage
- Provide technology guidance and customer support to end users
- Manage new enhancement requests, maintain records and test results
- Facilitate business stakeholder sessions for requirements gathering and change requests, supporting both stability and enhancements
Experience and Background:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Disaster Management, or another related field; OR 4-6 years in an individual contributor role, with advanced certifications in Microsoft Dynamics CRM
- Hands-on admin/developer experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM modules (Sales, Service, Marketing), Power Apps and Power Automate technical solutions
- Work experience with Software as a Service (SaaS) and/or Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- Experience developing and deploying business applications using Microsoft's Dynamics Power Platform
- Core Skills: D365, CRM SDK, XRM Toolbox, Model Driven Power Apps and Power Automate
- Experience with the design of conceptual architecture and technical solutions
- 4-6 years of experience with CRM products with the majority of experience in the Microsoft Dynamics 365 and Power Platform
- Experience working with a team to deliver large, complex technology projects
- Oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint) to technical and non-technical audiences
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- As with all IT and Technology positions, this position will from time to time require being on-call during non-business hours and weekends.
- Some travel will be required to train Field Technologists and provide support at other TR office Locations.
- Full Time, salary, exempt
- $71,000 – $100,000 per year depending on experience and location
- Mission First, Greyshirts Always: Anyone joining TR must understand that our mission to provide disaster response comes first
- Step into the Arena: TR needs leaders who aren’t afraid to dare to be great
- Everyone Has A Role Know It: Ability to successfully navigate a fast-paced, high-growth environment and solve problems in the face of ambiguity
- GSD: We are entrepreneurial, resourceful, and determined no matter how chaotic the situation
- Change Your Socks: We take care of ourselves and each other so we are best equipped to serve those in greatest need
- Adults Only: Every team member is an adult until proven otherwise
- Your Mother’s A Donor: Every leader must be committed to fiduciary responsibility, transparency, and financial stewardship
Perks of the Team:
- Generous vacation and sick time (for non-exempt) / Unlimited PTO (for exempt)
- Matching 401k contributions up to 4% (No vesting requirement)
- 100% company-paid health benefits for employees and their dependents
- Professional development, leadership development and events/conferences
- Annual National Volunteer Leadership Conference
- Annual Staff Leadership Conference
- Paid time off to volunteer with the non-profit of your choice
- Generous holiday schedule (including a paid week off between winter holidays)
- Fully stocked kitchens and frequent catered lunches
The health of our staff and volunteers is a top priority for Team Rubicon. We require all new employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or to obtain an approved exemption as an accommodation. If you are not willing to be vaccinated, your offer will be rescinded unless Team Rubicon approves a valid exemption and reasonable accommodation for qualifying religious or medical reasons (or for other categories protected by applicable law. This policy is intended to comply with all state and local laws, including all applicable equal employment opportunity laws.
Learn more about Team Rubicon:
- Website: teamrubiconusa.org
- Facebook: com/TeamRubicon
- Twitter: @TeamRubicon
Team Rubicon is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to not only including but actively seeking out a diversity of lifestyles, experiences, perspectives, and voices in order to foster inclusion, growth, and innovation. Your candidacy will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.