We are seeking a high performing Instructional Systems Designer (ISD) to support a client program. Our ISDs are highly motivated individuals whose primary responsibilities are to analyze, design, develop, and maintain instructional content for web-based and/or instructor-led courses and related training products; and nurture, build and sustain strategic client partnerships. Carney’s ideal candidate is passionate about instructional design, industrial security training, and developing our solutions.
This is a contingent position based on award notification. The position is REMOTE!
The ideal candidate will support the client’s Training Division in order to meet the continuously changing security environment which drives the need to develop and update training content. The ISD shall provide technical expertise to apply the ADDIE model. New development and maintenance may consist of eLearning asynchronous courses, virtual instructor-led courses, short format eLearning, instructor led training and performance support tools.
· Assist and provide guidance on the application of the ADDIE methodology
· Collaborate with client personnel to conduct comprehensive Training Needs Analysis (TNA) that identify security competencies, training requirements, goals, learning objectives, topics, instructional strategies, media selection, and training recommendations for a specified audience
· Support new development, due to immediate requirements, through front end analysis, training design plans, storyboards, assessments and beta tests
· Support maintaining existing products by identifying changes based on policy, events or the Department of Defense Security Skill Standards (DS3). Changes shall be documented accordingly on storyboards. The contractor shall ensure changes are accurately applied after a client programmer completes the changes
· Develop detailed course design documents that include the course content outline, media treatments, technical specifications, assessment strategy, instructional materials and recommended design approach for the course
· Develop and update course storyboards which specifies the flow for audio and text of all content to include graphic design for inclusion in the final course product
· Conduct and participate in beta tests for products in development and evaluate for accuracy and instructional effectiveness
· Develop and update assessments for courses
· Evaluate products for instructional effectiveness
Experience developing and implementing instructional development processes applying the ADDIE methodology
Experience developing and updating on-line instructor-led or instructor-facilitated distance-delivered courses in a Collaborative Learning Environment (CLE), such as Sakai, related to DoD
Preferred to have:
Either a bachelor's or master's degree in Instructional Systems Design or Adult Education from an accredited university.
At least eight (8) years of experience designing and developing online, instructor-led, or instructor-facilitated distance-delivered courses related to DoD
Experience leading security instructional development projects
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veteran
The job skills required for Instructional Systems Designer include Instructional Design, System Design, Storyboard etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Instructional Systems Designer. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Instructional Systems Designer. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.