TBI Airport Management, Inc.
Manager of Operations
Reporting to: General Manager
Location: Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, Atlanta, GA
Under the supervision of the General Manager, the Manager of Operations is responsible for the general oversight of TBI AM’s international and domestic operations, both airside and landside, to include staffing of managers, supervisors, ramp controllers, coordinators, specialists and agents at all levels and capacities of the operation. Related administrative tasks and other assigned duties are also performed.
Major Responsibilities and Functions:
- Plan, organize, manage and direct programs in the administration and operation of Concourse E and the Airport’s common use facilities and equipment.
- Oversee and manage activities that ensure and enforce compliance with federal, state and local regulations related to Airport operations.
- Develop operational policies and procedures and recommended methods of implementation.
- Actively participate in meetings on facilities, operations, building improvements and addressing the needs of CBP, TSA, DOA and FIS airlines and domestic carriers.
- Coordinate operations with outside contractors.
- Supervise, schedule and coordinate the team of (4) Duty Managers and (1) Gate Coordinator.
- Establish work schedules and assign duties; review work for thoroughness and coordinate work with other departments and subcontractors.
- Manage response to emergencies, including the creation and implementation of emergency plans in cooperation with the City of Atlanta, as well as the coordination of staff in the event of emergencies.
- Train and evaluate the performance of the team of Duty Managers and Gate Coordinator, including the preparation of formal performance evaluations as well as informal feedback.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities and experience and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- University degree or the equivalent education/experience
- Five years of progressively responsible experience, with a minimum of three years in a lead worker of supervisory capacity.
- Excellent, proven interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a proactively diverse and inclusive organization.
- Effective problem solving and mediation skills.
- Ability to gain general employee support for ideas in order to successfully implement projects and initiatives.
- Proven ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
(4) Duty Managers and (1) Gate Coordinator
Normal Working Hours:
The normal working hours for this position will be Monday through Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm. However, the Manager of Operations and Maintenance will be available by either e-mail or telephone for any issues related to TBI AM’s operations or service requests by the DOA.
Number of Staff:
1 Operations Manager