Job Title: Chief Marketing Officer
TB12 is transforming global health & wellness by empowering athletes to prevent injury, improve longevity, and raise their peak performance. Inspired by the training method of 5-time NFL MVP and 7-time Super Bowl winning quarterback Tom Brady, TB12 delivers personalized, comprehensive programming to a worldwide audience. The TB12 Method integrates revolutionary concepts in deep-force muscle pliability work, hydration, nutrition, functional strength & conditioning, and cognitive performance training. We also support clients, and athletes through an omni-channel approach that incorporates physical locations, immersive digital experiences, and innovative functional products.
TB12 is looking for an experienced Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) to join our leadership team. This position will report to our CEO.
The Chief Marketing Officer at TB12 is a highly strategic role with significant opportunity to be at the forefront of global growth in the health & wellness marketplace with a chance to build an iconic brand with endless possibilities. The CMO will be responsible for working closely with the leadership team to drive growth, continue to develop brand clarity and ensure flawless execution of the overall integrated marketing and product strategy.
A business driver with an established track record of success demonstrating both creative ability and financial skill; you will plan and direct brand-aligned merchandising strategies and oversee all merchandise innovation, selection, buying and product development activities.
As CMO you will be ambitious, driven and truly believe in the mission of the TB12 Method to help those globally do what they love, longer pain free.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Own the marketing function, including branding, B2B marketing, consumer marketing, growth marketing, marketing operations and content.
- Collaborate with the management team to deliver an integrated, company-wide go-to-market strategy with development to include Services, eCommerce, Product & Marketing as well as delivering on functional strategy for PR/Communications, Paid Media, Brand & Content.
- Optimize marketing data and analytics across all channels to ensure the team understands the real time state of marketing and demand. Utilize marketing data and analytics to plan, drive, and adjust strategy and marketing roadmap.
- Develop and execute strategies that highlight the company’s transformative impact on the health & wellness marketplace, as well as bringing significant awareness to the full suite of capabilities the company offers to its clients.
- Develop results-driven marketing strategies that support global and regional locations and connects the client journey delivering exceptional experiences across all of our TB12 touch points and positions TB12 for global growth with supporting plans, goals, roadmaps and budgets to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Own top of funnel strategy and execution through industry awareness, content, and product positioning.
- Oversee the development, communication, and delivery of the product and assortment strategy and operational plans, that meet or exceed annual financial and brand goals.
- Drive strategy for industry and media exposure including press releases, award submissions, and speaking engagements
- Serve as a thought-leader and evangelist for the company and deliver the value of the brand to various audiences.
- Create a direct connection between marketing programs and demand generation with a key focus on extending the adoption of a broader set of services.
- Lead, motivate, and develop an outcome driven team. Create a climate that is conducive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of top-quality marketers at all levels.
- Be a very active participant on the executive management team and be recognized and trusted as a key team player and a thoughtful and effective leader who understands the organization, the business operations, and is ready to make significant, immediate contributions to the company and its value in the marketplace.
Desired Skills & Experience
TB12 is a rapidly evolving organization. We seek someone who will thrive in a highly autonomous and entrepreneurial environment, and who has the passion to help build an organization that has the potential to transform global health & wellness from the ground up.
- Proven experience as chief marketing officer or similar role
- Experience driving strategy for a global organization with brand positioning that can vary by region
- Experience in developing outcome-based strategies with confidence in data-led marketing. An ability to present information based on analytics
- Visionary with passion and drive –but not afraid to get your hands dirty. No task is too small. Ability to think on your feet, lead your team and change course quickly while doing multiple things at once
- Highly analytical; able to make data-driven decisions and establish effective metrics to approach marketing strategy and spend while not losing sight of the brand.
- Track record of developing talent and managing marketing teams focused on demand generation, corporate branding, product marketing, market research, and go-to-market strategies.
- Excellent cross-functional leader who is entrepreneurial and excels at both high-level thinking and execution.
- An effective leader at managing change in a fast-moving and constantly evolving business.
- Experienced operating successfully with a complex technology/product and ensuring a successful translation and simplification for the market.
- Superior communication skills (written, verbal, presentation) skills.
- Intrapreneurial spirit, willingness to challenge the status quo and try new things. We’re a start-up at heart
- Demonstrable experience in developing efficient strategies and business plans for all marketing aspects (branding, product promotion etc.)
- Solid understanding of market research and data analysis methods
- Ability to apply marketing techniques over digital (e.g. social media) and non-digital (e.g. press) channels
- Proficient in MS Office and business software (e.g. CRM)
- A leader with both creative and analytical capabilities
- Ability to manage budgets and vendor relationships with experience leading the RFP processes.
- Equivalent of 10 years’ experience managing and mentoring a team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in related field (ex. Marketing, Communications, Advertising, Business). Master’s degree in marketing or business a plus
TB12 is committed to developing a diverse and talented team. All candidates are encouraged to apply. If you are excited about this role but are unsure whether you meet 100% of the requirements, we encourage you to inquire and/or apply.
TB12 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.