This is an Operations position responsible for managing the activities associated with night warehouse operations. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing order selection, order loading, product stocking and replenishment, night operations equipment and software inventory maintenance and repair; ensuring safety and security of night warehouse operations and providing management and direction to the night warehouse staff.
- Manages the daily work and safety of associates engaged in order selection, product replenishment, and order loading, to include all warehouse functions, selectors, loaders and night forklift operators.
- Oversees labor hours and consumable supplies within budget.
- Prepares work schedules including extra work days and shifts as needed.
- Handles the proper utilization of Company assets in support of the warehouse.
- Coordinates required repairs with proper departments as necessary.
- Reviews night warehouse functions and various warehouse productivity reporting.
- Suggests efficiency ideas, cost reduction measures and assists with the implementation of changes within the night warehouse.
- Identifies problems, proposes solutions to other members of management and promotes cooperation with other departments.
- Conducts shipping and loading audits daily ensuring all required documentation is accurately completed (including HAACP, food safety, and catch-weight documentation) and that material is handled and stored correctly with a minimum potential for loss.
- Assists with monitoring sanitation and facility/racking damage to ensure a safe and clean warehouse.
- Preserves associate relations through regular department or pre-shift meetings.
- Maintains on-going interaction.
- Keeps open communication channels with associates by answering questions and explaining policies and procedures.
- Monitors associate morale.
- Submits and responds to ideas to improve associate engagement and enablement.
- Interprets trains and consistently enforces Company policies and procedures.
- Coordinates efforts with the Safety department to aid in training, conducting associate observations, updating preferred work methods, conducting accident investigations to determine root causes, and routine safety inspections.
- Makes recommendations for disciplinary action and/or behavior modification where required.
- Executes management functions of staff selection, development, discipline, performance reviews and/or terminations.
- Performs the duties of associates supervised and other related duties as needed.
- Complies with local, state and federal regulatory agencies (i.e. OSHA, AIB, FDA, USDA, etc.)
3-5 years related experience and/or training. Must have food distribution experience.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Can add, subtracts, multiply, and divides into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Spreadsheet software and Word Processing software, and ability to learn Sysco technology software and programs.
- Successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings.
- Apply all relevant policies in a consistent, timely and objective manner.
- Capable of working with peers and associates from other departments and shifts proactively and constructively.
- Work in a disciplined manner and capable of following established procedures, practices and comply with local, state and federal regulations.
- Reports to work promptly and regularly; works well with others; demonstrates the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Obtain a Powered Industrial Equipment Certification from Sysco within 3 months.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and climb or balance.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Schedule is sunday-thursday nights.