Sales Representative- to cover West Virginia Territory
Integrated Power Services
Full Job Description
Who We Are:
Integrated Power Services (IPS) is the leading North American solution provider for power management, electro-mechanical and rotating assets. Serving customers across a wide range of industries, including power generation, utilities, water and wastewater, petrochemicals, air separation, oil & gas, metals, mining, paper, aggregates, and cement.
IPS defines world-class electric motor and generator repair, and Power Management every day. When you work for IPS, you can learn from industry experts and discover your potential while being part of a winning team committed to upholding our core values: Safety, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability, Customer Focus, and Entrepreneurial Spirit.
Key Responsibilities and Expectations:
The role of an IPS Sales Representative includes working with the Area General Manager (AGM) to identify and evaluate market opportunities and sales potential. The Sales Representative is responsible for establishing and achieving annual sales objectives within the assigned territory and ensuring that the assigned territory meets or exceeds AOP sales objectives. Additionally, this position will coordinate activities with repair, distribution, and field service leaders, and manage projects, outages and turn arounds with external customers, all while keeping the company informed of market dynamics & competitor activity. The Sales Representative is responsible for the effective sales efforts in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Schedule sales calls, present proposals, and meet with current and potential customers to analyze and understand customer requirements while fulfilling revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by the company on a monthly / quarterly / annual basis.
- Develop and implement sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition, and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts and establishing long-term customer relationships.
- Utilize sales techniques, policies and philosophies of the company, and service center capabilities to effectively promote the company's products to customers and targets.
- Develop strategic action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports, identifying the needs of accounts and discussing issues with the Area General Manager to help the organization achieve its sales goals.
- Meet with existing and potential customers to identify their reliability needs, goals and constraints related to IPS’s BIG 3 offerings and services in order to identify key accounts, and customer issues that have the greatest effect on use of company products.
- Strengthen customer relationships by performing sales support activities (e.g. internal and external customer training, customer events, service center orientations, engineering launches, and updates).
- Develop a list of prospective customers with manager and determine appropriate sales strategy such as calling on customers, following up with additional visits, and sending appropriate correspondence.
- Build networks of contacts on behalf of IPS to stimulate interest in the company’s products by attending and participating in trade shows, educational conferences, and seminars.
- Educate external customers on the merits of reliability and its proper values, reducing critical downtime by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals).
- Maintain motor technical expertise by attending company training sessions, sales trainings, and outside trainings.
- Prepare and submit reports to sales management by analyzing and compiling data, projections, and other relevant information while together solving problems involving pricing, specifications, warranties, and service adaptations.
- Have thorough knowledge of competition in the marketplace and competitive bid situations
- Sharp analytical thinking and reasoning abilities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and take appropriate action
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with sound problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and maintain high degree of organization
- Excellent time management
- Expected to create and/ or generate sales potential and leads
- Poses excellent written and verbal skills
- Must maintain the ability to travel
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience.
- Prefer 5 years of high-performance selling experience with similar product applications, preferably in the rotating equipment industry or equivalent.
- Understanding of a company Operating System experience
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k Employer Match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- And more!
IPS is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
Any offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.