Lube Technician Position Overview
The Take 5 Family is hiring customer service maniacs!
People person? Outgoing and positive attitude? We will train you how to change oil, replace wiper blades/air filters, fill air in tires, and other light maintenance services. Our employees are successful with all backgrounds and experience levels. Take 5 offers a stay-in-your-car hassle free oil change experience. The job is similar to restaurants or retail environments.
What Employees Love about Take 5
- Full-time & part-time schedules are available
- Earn up to $15.00/hour with our competitive base pay rates & weekly bonuses
- The Pit Tech to President career path; Take 5 is committed to supporting your career goals. Over 90% of Shop Managers started as Lube Techs.
- The family environment
- Weekly pay
- Benefits: Free oil changes, Paid time off, 401(k) program
- Employee contests
- Standard benefits options (medical/dental/vision etc.)
- Easy to transfer to locations across the country
- Opportunity to meet new people every day
- Community involvement
- Learning new skills
What does a Lube Technician do?
- Drain motor oil, change oil filter, grease chassis fittings
- Wash windshield and adjust tire pressure
- Inspect and top off fluids
- Assist the customer in selecting oil type and other services
- Process payment for services performed.
- Perform coolant exchanges and transmission drain & fill services
- Restock and maintain inventory levels on the floor
- Maintain shop, office, and bathroom cleanliness
Good to Know Before You Start!
- It might feel like you are studying for a test at the beginning. It’s important that all employees gain a strong knowledge of our oils and services.
- Must maneuver in and out of a shallow 3’ deep pit used to position yourself safely under cars
- You will walk, stand, bend, stoop, twist, etc. for extended periods of time and perform activities involving holding, grasping, pulling and turning
- You may need to work in hot/cold weather conditions
- Always be alert and aware of your surroundings
- Must be able to lift up to fifty (50) pounds
- Need to have reliable transportation