TAK West Shore is one of the top telecommunications service drop contractors in the country. We specialize in burying telecommunications cables - commonly called “drops” - to residential properties. Our success is driven by individuals who take ownership of their position and duties in a fast paced environment.
We are seeking full-time Drop Bury Technicians to work in our Bosie, ID location.
As a Drop Bury Technician you will be responsible to complete induct service drops to residential and business customers for Major Cable companies. Part of the duties will involve restoration of customer’s properties. Therefore, we stress quality of work as well as possessing great customer skills.
- Identifies and clearly marks existing underground cables as directed.
- Identifies and marks locations of new cable to be buried underground (“bury drops”).
- Operates locate and bury drop equipment as required within areas of responsibility.
- Performs a variety of tasks and duties to support both field personnel and our customers.
- Performs quality assurance checks and completes the paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- Wears safety apparel which includes hard hats (where required), safety vests, OSHA approved boots, etc.
- Technicians are required to meet company safety standards and OSHA requirements
- Drives Company vehicles safely, courteously, and defensively; schedule appropriate maintenance as required.
- Drives/maneuvers vehicle and cable trailer in and around construction sites, parking lots, etc.
- Adheres to company privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintains regular attendance and arrives to work on time.
- Experience with rod/missle boring.
- Applies personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Possesses an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possesses strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-tasks and changes from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
- Successfully passes a pre-employment background check, drug test, and driving record check required.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The Employee must be able to work in an outdoor environment year around in all weather conditions. The Employee is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock, radiation, and vibration.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- The employee is routinely required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 95 lbs.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.