The InColor Project Coordinator is a key role in executing programs for the Home Depot Account with Tagawa Greenhouse Enterprises (dba InColor). As part of the Retail Ready Team, InColor works to provide clients with live plant products and merchandising services as a third-party vendor in large retail stores across the Colorado Region. Some of our product lines include finished bedding plant products, annual flowers, spring containers (hanging baskets/potted plants), vegetables, fall annuals, holiday planters, succulents, and much more!
The Home Depot Project Coordinator is responsible for managing the internal flow of materials, inventory stock, and products to ensure needs of the account are met. This includes working on internal logistics and timing of product & truck movement, as well as maintaining inventory systems to ensure accuracy of information and managing contract grows or supplemental inventory that is brought in to meet account goals.
The position’s primary focus includes Internal Product Management, Hard Goods Inventory Movement, Contract Grow Management, Systems Management, Product Quality/Timing, and Order Writing. This position works independently with minimum supervision and is responsible for communicating proactively with both the client and internal management.
During the peak merchandising season (between April and July), it would be typical for a Planning Manager to work 45-60 hours per week and walking multiple stores throughout the Colorado Region. During the peak planning season (typically August-October), it is typical for the Planning Manager to work 45-60 hours. This position would be required to travel out of state to client meetings 2-3 times per year, typically during the planning season. Off season hours usually are approximately 35-45 hours per week.
An ideal candidate has proven experience working with multiple process managers/departments and ensuring each step in the process has the correct information in order to execute the overall vision for the Home Depot account. An ideal candidate is able to monitor daily inventory numbers at the store & greenhouse to make critical inventory flow decisions. An ideal candidate is detail-oriented and would express genuine enthusiasm for the position with an ability to solve unexpected challenges.
· Based on program requirements, work with greenhouse teams to coordinate flow of materials and timing of production. This includes allocating and shipping all necessary hard goods (e.g. plastic, labels, SKU and UPC information, etc.) are coordinated with the correct growing facility.
- Coordinate timing of product and truck movement
- Replenishment analysis and allocations for orders
- Work with Greenhouse Operations regarding pre-pull or master pull sheets.
- Work with Production team to ensure plant quality and that products are to client specifications at time of ship.
- Coordinate with the Distribution Department to plan traffic/logistics routes for based on flow of product required to maximize sales at store locations. This includes shipping of products to each store, delivery times, rack pick-up, and processing RORs.
Manage Bedding Product Subcontractor Programs and Projects.
- Identify new subcontracted growers and complete market research to vet possible business partners.
- Build and maintain database with information on subcontractors and related products.
- Travel to subcontract and client facilities to perform walks/quality control and verify releases on products.
- Develop strong relationships with subcontractors, retail clients/customers, vendors, and internal Tagawa Greenhouse managers.
Inventory System Maintenance. Assist with implementing and maintaining new inventory systems. Upcoming projects that the Project Coordinator would be responsible for include:
- SBI data setup and maintenance.
- IDM (SKU Granularity project, online visibility, and BOOPIS)
- UPC/SKU, pricing, and retail management
- Daily/Weekly Ship to plan variance reports on contract
- Internal product/Inventory Flow
- Participate in Production Walks and create supporting reports for any templates. Work alongside the Home Depot Planning Manager and Business Development Manager to review daily sales and review the inventory of live-good products within the greenhouse.
In addition to the above responsibilities, the Project Coordinator may be required to assist with various projects as needed as assigned by the HD Business Development Manager, Retail Business Manager, or CEO.
Basic Requirements / Competencies
- The candidate must have a proven ability to negotiate and make independent decisions that have large financial significance to the business or client. 3 years of experience in project management, account management, supply chain management, inventory management, production planning, or administration is highly preferred, but not required.
- Requires experience using spreadsheets and synthesizing information to make decisions based on sales data analysis.
It is required to travel between stores and out of state for part of this position. Employees who travel for business purposes must complete procedures to be on the Tagawa Greenhouse Designated Driver List
- Must hold and maintain a current and valid Driver’s License
- The MVR of all candidates is subject to company approval through our insurance company (Hortica).
- Must have proof of insurance for your vehicle
Travel to contract growers in Colorado or surrounding states may be required 6 times per year. Mileage and travel expenses are reimbursed as per company policy.
Communication & Language
- Must be courteous or respectful when dealing with vendors, contractors, clients, customers, or any member of the public while in the course and scope of Tagawa Greenhouse Enterprises LLC (dba. InColor) business.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating to contractors, vendors, clients, managers, co-workers, and employees in a respectful manner.
- Must be able to communicate in both oral and written correspondence in English, and to effectively present information in both spoken and written forms using situational based language.
- Must be able to communicate and respond efficiently in a timely manner to email correspondence using business appropriate language.
- Must be able to use or learn both Android & Apple IOS systems (iPad and Mobile Phone) to complete various reports on a variety of software.
- Requires intermediate computer literacy, including use of MSOffice (MS Word, MS Excel) and other inventory related computer software. Experience using SBI / Inventory tracking software preferred but not required.
All candidates must be 21 years of age and eligible to work in the United States.
Candidates must be able to pass a Background Check (Federal/National) to be considered for employment.
This position requires employees to be on their feet for long periods of time. Must be able to lift 25-50lbs with or without reasonable accommodation. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Must be able to work in all Greenhouse conditions including wet, humid, dusty, dirty, and extreme hot/cold temperatures. While performing the duties of this job within a greenhouse or garden center environment, the employee may be exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, and risk of electrical shock. To prevent injury, employees must abide by the safety procedures set by Tagawa Greenhouse Ent., LLC. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The job skills required for Project Coordinator include Project Management, Planning, Logistics, detail oriented, background check etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Project Coordinator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Project Coordinator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Project Coordinator, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Project Coordinator for your reference.