TYLin is a full-service, professional engineering firm focused on the planning, design, and construction of infrastructure solutions for public and private clients worldwide. The firm is an internationally recognized pioneer in solving the most difficult engineering challenges. Headquartered in San Francisco, California for over 65 years, TYLin has more than 3,200 professionals throughout the Americas, Asia, and Europe. TYLin is a member of Dar Group, a global, privately-owned professional services group, and its industry-leading family of Global Infrastructure companies.
Our Roads & Highways Sector is seeking a Roadway Sr. Project Manager / Business Development leader in Orlando, Florida. Alternatively, our Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, Ft. Myers or Miami, Florida offices will be considered, but Orlando is preferred.
This position will report to the Sector Manager, and requires 15 years of experience delivering FDOT Roadway projects, a FL PE license, a Bachelors degree in Civil Engineering and a demonstrated successful partnership with FDOT, specifically with District 5. In this role the responsibilities include but may not be limited to being a seller/doer by providing leadership in project management and business development, both internal and external to the Company. The successful candidate will play a key role in growing our Surface Transportation business within the region including FDOT District 5, Florida’s Turnpike Enterprise, and the Central Florida Expressway Authority.
- Provide Leadership and senior expertise on surface transportation / roadway projects.
- Identify potential markets, clients, and opportunities and strategically position TYLin to win work.
- Develop/Maintain relationships with current and potential clients and teaming partners.
- Effectively serve as Client Manager for certain clients, when requested.
- Coordinate business development efforts with the Sector Manager, Florida BD Director, and other Line of Business leaders.
- Play a key role in the “Go/No-Go” decision making process for pursuits.
- Lead and participate in preparation of effective marketing/technical proposals and presentations aimed at winning projects for TYLin Orlando.
- Participation in outside professional organizations.
- Prepare, review and negotiate design fee estimates with clients.
- Manage ongoing Surface Transportation / FDOT projects.
- Effectively manage Client expectations and assure client satisfaction related to projects.
- Provide technical support and lead design of roadway projects.
- Possess experience and proficiency with FDOT Design Manuals and other standards and guidelines.
- Effectively manage and perform Scope, Schedule, Budget, and Quality project management functions consistent with TYLin Policies.
- Proficiency with FDOT’s Quality, Electronic Review Comment, Cost Estimating, and Scheduling systems.
- Direct the preparation, tracking and submission of the deliverables for assigned projects and the delivery of those projects on-time.
- Support in staff development and mentoring.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer in Florida is required.
- Project Manager with 15 years’ experience delivering FDOT Roadway projects.
- Experience with FDOT District 5 is required. Florida’s Turnpike and Central Florida Expressway Authority experience is desirable.
- Design-Build Project experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously is required.
- Client focused, always striving to give clients the best solutions.
- Strong commitment to innovation by creating new and better ways to solve clients’ toughest challenges.
- High levels of integrity, always doing the right thing in an ethical, fair, and sustainable way.
- Demonstrated experience of collaboration in a diverse and inclusive team, working together toward technical excellence.
TYLin is an equal opportunity employer and we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type as protected by federal, state, or local laws. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. TYLin remains committed to complying with all local health authority, legal or lawful client requirements, as such this role may be situated in a jurisdiction with masking or vaccinate or test requirements to attend office or client locations (controlled location). You should ask your manager about this prior to starting. Should you be subject to the requirements, you are required to disclose your vaccination status within the first week of starting or before entering a controlled location, whichever comes first.