Syms Strategic Group (SSG) is seeking a talented Senior Analyst
Please join SSG’s team in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Department: Veterans Affairs (VA)
Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Experienced
Security Clearance Level: Public Trust (MBI)
Military Veterans are highly encouraged to apply!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
*** Department of Veterans Affairs experience highly desired***
- Work with Senior VA leadership (GS14/15 & SES) to translates priorities, requirements, and strategies into actionable solutions
- Support business process re-engineering efforts
- Interpret complex information, produce engaging visualizations, define functionality, and produce flowcharts, wireframes, and templates of existing systems
- Create to-be process maps to support evaluation of recommendations
- Contribute to the development of gap analysis reports that document gaps or deficiencies between the current and desired state
- Work closely with team members to build conceptual models to provide visual representation of system design
- Support process management, which includes the creation of ad-hoc reports
- Prepare and deliver written and verbal status reports
- **Travel is required. Estimated 2x per quarter. **
Required Skills and Experience
- 5 years of experience in the analysis of IT business and information environments, activities, and events
- Experience with analyzing complex information and systems to develop requirements, define functionality and build briefing aids such as visualizations, wireframes, and flowcharts
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders in a government contracting environment
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with teams utilizing various technologies, including: Azure Development Ops, Jira, Trello, Microsoft Teams, and Cisco WebEx
- Prior experience working with VA leadership (GS14/15 & SES)
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Operations, Computer Science or other technical discipline or 8 additional years of relevant experience
U.S. Citizenship required for this specific opportunity
Security Clearance Requirements
Public Trust Clearance
- SSG will not make assumptions regarding your qualifications. Your answers to the mandatory screening questions must be supported by the information on your resume. Applications with inconsistencies will not be considered.
- Recruiters or Third parties will not be considered
- Applicants from CA, CO, NJ, NY, which will not be considered. All other U.S. based locations may be considered based upon individual qualifications.
U.S Citizenship is required for this specific opportunity. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information and be able to obtain a government-granted security clearance. Individuals may also be subject to a background investigation including, but not limited to criminal history, employment and education verification, drug testing, and creditworthiness.
Syms Strategic Group, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, or genetic information.