Stepping Stones Childcare by Switchpoint is seeking an Early Childhood Education Assistant Teacher.
We are looking for applicants that are willing to work a flexible schedule in order to meet the needs of our 24/7 facility.
Stepping Stones is committed to provide supports for professional development through the Utah Office of Child Care for CDA, Career Ladder, T.E.A.C.H. and Early EDU through scholarships and other funding for college program and degree.
STEPPING STONES CHILD CARE CENTER IS AN INNOVATIVE CHILD DEVELOPMENT CENTER THAT PROVIDES EARLY CHILDHOOD CARE AND EDUCATION TO CHILDREN AND FAMILIES AGES BIRTH-TWELVE. OUR CENTER OPERATES 24/7 TO ACCOMMODATE ALL SCHEDULES FOR WORKING FAMILIES.
WE STRIVE TO CREATE A WARM, SAFE, NURTURING, AND HIGH-QUALITY ENVIRONMENT FOR CHILDREN IN OUR CARE.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
SWITCHPOINT’S STEPPING STONES CHILD CARE CENTER IS SEEKING EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION ASSISTANT TEACHERS:
If you enjoy working with children and helping to provide a fun, safe and educational environment where you can make a difference, then this is the position that you’ve been searching for. Stepping Stones childcare center is in search of qualified early childhood educators to help monitor and lead developmentally activities throughout the day. Help kids engage in tasks and educational learning activities designed to promote overall child development and reaching developmental milestones across all domains of development including physical, social emotional, cognitive, language, and self-help skills. This job will help you develop excellent skills and techniques that can benefit you in your career in the field of child development and early childhood education.
- Support the Lead teacher in leading children in weekly curriculum and lesson plan implementation and all daily activities, including indoor/outdoor play time, large and small group activities, and snack and meal times.
- Participate in ongoing professional development and training on all Utah Child Care Licensing regulations related to childcare as well as our own internal policies and procedures.
- Engage with parents and children you work with all our center’s rules regarding safety and cooperation to help foster a safe, healthy, and nurturing environment.
- Assist children in learning to work together through a variety of interactive games and activities designed to encourage cooperation. Assist in successfully resolving conflicts as they arise. Promote and implement positive guidance techniques in the classroom.
- Help prepare children for lunch and snack times and assist others on staff in handing out food and beverage items. Lead the children in the cleanup of trays, cups and the eating area after every meal.
- Administer Ages and Stages Screeners on an ongoing basis to track individual child growth and development and share information with each child’s family. Teachers will track each child's growth through observations, portfolio documentation, developmental checklist, and assessment data.
- Participate in parent teacher conference with parents whenever issues involving a child’s behavior at the center need to be addressed, or when such a meeting is requested by the parents.
- Conduct daily environmental safety checklists in the indoor classroom environment and outdoor environment to ensure adequate health and safety for the children in care. Report any items that need repaired or attention to the Director.
- Ensure that the classroom environment is healthy, safe, clean, and engaging for children in care.
- Complete daily logs, communicate with families through the family engagement app by sending progress notes and information to the child’s families while in care each day. Complete required documentation and daily activity logs for all children in care.
- Track attendance, meals and snacks for each child and required documentation for the CACFP food program.
- Attend required annual training and professional development opportunities provided by Stepping Stones Child Care.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Early childhood care and education experience with children ages birth to twelve.
- Comply with local, state, and federal laws governing child care.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and time-management skills.
- Friendly and approachable demeanor.
- Maintain a professional appearance, attitude, and work ethic always.
- Ability to work as a team member with other staff and with families of children in care.
- An associate degree, CDA (Child Development Associate) or ability to obtain a CDA within one year of hire, or higher education degree in a related field (child development, early childhood education, family studies, psychology) and at least 30 clock hours of approved Utah Early Childhood Career Ladder courses in child development, social and emotional development, and childcare environments.
- 1 years’ experience in the field of early childhood care and education as a lead teacher and/or administrative experience as an assistant director.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must pass a Utah Child Care Licensing Background Check.
- Obtain required training upon hire per Utah Child Care Licensing: Preservice training that consists of 2.5 hours of training before assuming assistant director duties.
- Complete 20 Hours of annual training or at least 1-1/2 hours of childcare training including Utah Child Care
Licensing topics, career ladder courses on: child development, ages and stages administration, director’s toolbox endorsement, working with families, culturally and linguistically appropriate practices to meet the developmental needs of children and understanding appropriate practices to engage with families.
- Complete and maintain current CPR/First Aid and Food Handlers Permit certifications.
Previous experience in an early childhood and care setting.
Previous knowledge of Utah Child Care Licensing rules and regulations.
Previous experience working with at risk children and families preferred.
I.R.A. with 3% match
Paid Time Off
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 - $16.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Paid time off