Transmission Technician - San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram Job Summary:
Become a member of a winning team! We are accepting applications for a Transmission Technician. Compensation:
Employees in this position will be paid a base hourly wage plus commissions. Commission amounts vary based on performance, but the expected average annual earnings are approx. $75,000 to $125,000. The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum pay range expected for this role. Compensation for the role will be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Responsibilities:
- Identifies mechanical problems, either visually or with computer diagnostic equipment.
- Performs tests on specific parts and systems to confirm proper mechanical function; ensures that all critical parts are examined.
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance, including oil changes and tune-ups.
- Diagnose the cause of malfunctions and perform work specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance with dealership and/or factory standards.
- Repair or replace all parts of a car's transmission.
- Communicate directly with the service advisor in an articulate, accurate, and prompt manner, so that customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Provide an accurate estimate of time needed for additional repairs.
- Inspect and test used vehicles for damage and record findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Performs further tests, which may include test driving the vehicle, to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- A minimum of two years of experience working on transmissions as a technician.
- A National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certification in automatic transmissions or manual transmission preferred
- Technicians must keep abreast of the federal, state and local regulations that affect their operations, and must also comply with these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA policies.
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record is required for this position.
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of transmission repair.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read work orders.
Employees are offered a generous benefit plan which includes:
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Ability to regularly lift 30 pounds and occasionally lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs needed.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Paid Holidays and Vacation Time, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vehicle Purchase, Service and Parts Discounts, Employee Assistance Plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club Discounts and More! San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. Other details
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $20.00
- Max Hiring Rate $32.60