Service Director - San Diego Chrysler Dodge Jeep RamJob Summary:
We have an opening in one of Sunroad’s premier stores for the Service Director position. We are looking for an experienced and dedicated individual who is interested in growth. We offer an opportunity to enhance leadership experience while earning a competitive wage.Compensation:
Employees in this position will be paid a base annual salary at the applicable minimum wage rate ($67,808.00), plus commissions. Commission amounts vary based on performance, but the expected average annual earnings are approx. $150,000 to $230,000. The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves as a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum pay range expected for this role. Compensation for the role will be based on a number of different factors such as a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience.Responsibilities:
- Work with the General Manager to achieve company objectives.
- Oversee the entire service department including technicians, advisors, support team and supervisors.
- Maintain profitability while controlling expenses and exceeding customer satisfaction.
- Sustain high-quality service repairs to ensure vehicles are fixed right the first time.
- Comply with federal, state and local regulations including hazardous waste disposal, Cal/OSHA, etc.
- Safeguard compliance with manufacturer warranty and policy procedures.
- Develop procedures to surpass customer satisfaction expectations.
- Plan and coordinate tasks and activities of company's fleet auto repair shop, working on gas- and diesel-powered vehicles, trucks, and heavy equipment.
- Prepare maintenance schedules for motor vehicles and heavy equipment; notifies drivers and operators when maintenance is to be performed.
- Operate diagnostic equipment to determine repairs that need to be made.
- Perform repairs and maintenance.
- Maintain database of maintenance and repair records for company vehicles and equipment.
- Oversee shop inventory; orders parts, shop supplies, and equipment.
- Ensure applicable safety standards and regulations are followed in the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Hire and train service department staff
- Oversee the daily workflow and schedules of shop employees.
- Conduct performance evaluations that are timely and constructive.
- Handle disciplinary actions and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Education and Experience:
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mechanical skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Extensive knowledge of gasoline and diesel engine repair.
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle, truck, and heavy equipment repair.
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software to maintain service record database and track inventory.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Five years of related experience preferred.
- Vocational or technical school training preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to physically perform repairs.
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors present.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform repairs and inspections.
San Diego CDJR employees are offered a generous benefit plan which includes:
Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Paid Holidays and Vacation Time, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vehicle Purchase, Service and Parts Discounts, Employee Assistance Plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club Discounts and More!
San Diego CDJR is an equal opportunity employer (m/f/d/v) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check