Maderas Golf Club is a beautiful, picturesque, top-rated Golf Club tucked within the rolling hills of Poway. We pride ourselves on providing personal touch service, unparalleled course conditions, and memorable dining experiences. Located 5 miles from the I-15 freeway off Rancho Bernardo Road, and 8 miles from Highway 67.
Maderas Golf Club is excited to announce the exceptional opportunity of Banquet Captain. We have fully re-modeled our 200-person event space with its own kitchen. Qualified candidates will play a crucial role in ensuring the success of banquet events by overseeing the service and operations. This role ensures the smooth execution of events, maintains high service standards, and provides exceptional customer service to guests.Compensation:
$18.50 plus tipsResponsibilities:
- Coordinate with management, event planners, and clients to understand requirements and expectations.
- Create event timelines and ensure all staff members are informed of their roles and responsibilities.
- Lead and supervise banquet staff including servers, bartenders, and support staff.
- Oversee food and beverage service, including quality, timing, and presentation.
- Ensure banquet rooms are set up according to the event plan and that tables, chairs, linens, and decorations are arranged appropriately.
- Interact with guests, address their needs, and handle special requests or concerns. Resolve any issues or complaints professionally and promptly.
- Manage event logistics, such as audio/visual equipment, room temperature, and lighting.
- Supervise the clean-up process after events, ensuring the venue is left in good condition.
- Conduct inventory checks and report any damages or shortages.
- Previous experience in banquet or event service
- Must have current San Diego Food Handlers Card.
- Food Safety and Sanitation Training required.
- Knowledge of banquet and catering operations
- Must be flexible in scheduling.
- Excellent customer service and problem solving.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place up to 50 pounds at times.
- Prolonged periods of walking or standing.
- Frequent or occasional need to perform the following physical activities: Reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, twisting, lifting, and climbing.
Maderas Golf Club employees are offered a benefit package which includes Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Plans, Health Savings Accounts (HSA), Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Paid Holidays and Vacation Time, Short and Long-Term Disability, Company Sponsored Life Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vehicle Purchase, Service and Parts Discounts, Employee Assistance Plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club Discounts and More!
Maderas Golf Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.