Job DescriptionJoin Our Team!
Sunbelt Rentals strives to be the customer's first choice in the equipment rental industry. From pumps to scaffolding to general construction tools, we aim to be the only call needed to outfit a job site with the proper equipment. Not only do we offer a vast fleet that ranks among the best in the industry, we pair it all with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. Our employees are our greatest asset, and although we present a comprehensive equipment offering, our expertise and service are what truly distinguish us from the competition.
We pride ourselves on investing in our workforce and offer competitive benefits, as well as extensive on-the-job training for all eligible employees.
As a highly successful national company, we are constantly looking for talented individuals to support our growth. If you are interested in pursuing a rewarding career, we invite you to review our opportunities!Job Description Summary
The Flooring Solutions Technician- Traveling will coordinate with the leadership team to provide an exemplary level of service to our customers, demonstrate skills and performance in the use, operation, set up and repair of all company equipment. This position requires the individual to demonstrate a level of professionalism through positive communication and appearance that will be respected by other service personnel. The Technician 1 cleans equipment, performs preventive maintenance, and makes minor repairs on equipment within the area of responsibility as needed, in the safest and most effective way possible to avoid down time.
- Performs check-ins and minor repairs when equipment is returned to the shop
- Assists with loading and unloading of equipment as needed
- Cleans, pressure washes, and preps equipment for repairs and details equipment for rent-ready status
- Performs full-service maintenance on all equipment and diagnose simple mechanical problems
- Maintain safe work environment and perform duties in accordance with safety standards
- Keeps track of rental equipment (inventory) and coordinates deliveries, pick-ups and service calls with customers
- Maintains warehouse area
- Cleans, repairs, orders, and installs all necessary parts to ensure the standards are met
- Sources and manages the inventory of parts and supplies
- Completes and maintains equipment service records including damage repair, preventative maintenance, and warranty processing
- Ensure decals are replaced and equipment is cleaned, then detailed
- Operates company vehicle safely and maintains a valid driver's license and excellent driving record free from points
- Keeps records and maintains company vehicle, including washing, oil changes, and general safety inspection; any defect or variation from normal performance should be reported to the supervisor
- Maintains and tracks company tools and supplies; (broken tools should be brought to supervisor for replacement)
- Oversees and maintains wash bay and wash bay area to ensure proper maintenance, preventative maintenance, and a safe, clean work environment
- Communicates professionally with customers, managers, and sales engineers to schedule deliveries, pick-ups, and service calls
- Completes appropriate paperwork for deliveries, pick-ups and service calls
- Directs customers to sign appropriate paperwork; keeps track of serial numbers
- Delivers and installs rented equipment; trains authorized operator (and/or customer) on safe use of equipment
- Implements proper and safe procedures
- Works with managers and equipment rental specialists to maintain accurate records and tracking of in-stock and rented equipment
- Is on call for emergency service and is available on a rotating schedule for emergency service response calls on weekends and evenings
Education & Experience:
- 1 to 3 years of mechanic experience with IC engines, propane, electrical, and hydraulic experience.
- High school diploma or GED required, some trade school or equivalent training desired
- Will need to provide mechanic's tools of trade
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to prioritize work assignments
- Ability to work independently and be flexible regarding work assignments
- Ability to be flexible with changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess a high degree of safety-awareness
- Working knowledge of equipment design and safety requirements
- Prior floor care equipment experience strongly preferred
Base Pay Range: $24.30 - 33.40
Starting rate of pay may vary based on factors including, but not limited to, position offered, location, education, training, and/or experience. Please visit https://www.sunbeltrentals.com/careers/ for more information on our benefits and to join our Talent Network.Gear up for an exciting career!
Sunbelt Rentals supports service members. Veterans encouraged to apply.
If a current Sunbelt Rentals employee has referred you for an employment opportunity please notify them that you are applying for this position. In order for the employee to get a referral bonus they need to contact their regional recruiter.
About the Company: