You haven't searched anything yet.
LPN - 7W (Med-Surg)
7a-7p, Full-Time, 36hr/week
Summa Health System - Akron City Hospital
Summa Health System is recognized as one of the regions top employers by a number of third party organizations, including NorthCoast 99. Exceptional candidates gravitate to Summa because of its culture, passion for delivering excellent service to our patients and families commitment to our philosophy of servant leadership, collegial working relationships at every level of the organization and competitive pay and benefits.
Assists in providing and coordinating nursing care and managing resources in the delivery of care for patients, the family of patients and the community, with the goal of attaining, maintaining and restoring optimum health. Communicates with Registered Nurse and care team to assist with clinical planning and care of patients.
Formal Education Required:
- Graduate of a LPN nursing program from an accredited school
- Authorized by the State of Ohio Board of Nursing to perform intravenous therapy procedures and administer medicines. LPNs in wound care do not need the IV certification, only MEDS.
Experience & Training Required:
- Additional related previous experience and/or preparation may be required for specialty units. (See applicable Addendum Specialty Job Descriptions)
- Two years of related LPN experience required for LPN-Weekend Option
- Per diem LPNs must have at least one year recent experience in the area of practice
- Two years of related LPN experience required for all weekend option and float positions
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications:
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity, and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires standing and walking for extended periods of time
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range
- Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours.
Other Skills, Competencies and Qualifications: Continued
- Requires exposure to communicable disease, body fluids, toxic substances, ionizing gradiation, and other potentially hazardous conditions common to a clinical environment, such as risk of falls, strains, etc.
- Maintains current Basic Life Support certification
Cuyahoga Falls, OH
The job skills required for LPN, Med-Surg include Nursing Care, Basic Life Support, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a LPN, Med-Surg. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by LPN, Med-Surg. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.