The Butcher’s Table is one of Seattle’s most swanky restaurants, providing an unparalleled culinary experience with an innovative menu featuring our own Mishima Reserve Wagyu beef. Our restaurant features a raw bar, an onsite butcher shop, and an energetic bar scene.
We are looking for an Executive Sous Chef to assist the Executive Chef and complement our outstanding team. This person should be ready to take their well-earned credentials to a fine dining restaurant with a contemporary edge. Please be as passionate as we are about providing an incredible dining and service experience.
• Schedules and coordinates the work of Kitchen Staff to ensure that food preparation is perfect
• Assists Executive Chef in continually looking for improvements in the operational processes in the BOH
• Assists Executive Chef when present, and act on behalf of Executive Chef when absent in matters of organizing, training and employee management
• Adheres to specifications of recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation assuring high consistency
• A full participant in seasonal menu changes, regularly creating unique dishes and menu items for daily features and specialty events
• Provides immediate supervision of all back of house employees
• Oversees staff performance and productivity
• Participates in employee hiring and discipline
• Assists Executive Chef to ensure high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are always maintained through all kitchen areas
• 3 years of Sous Chef experience in an upscale dining environment
• Outstanding food skills, with expertise in technique and menu item creation
• The ability to interpret and manage recipes to ensure compliance and minimize waste
• Experience with managing integrated inventory management software
• Experience managing labor costs
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience with high volume Private Event/Catering operations a plus
• Experience in butchering a plus
• Hotel and production experience preferred
Sugar Mountain has a lot to offer, from quality-focused, passionate, and fun colleagues to competitive benefits and pay. We 100% of your medical, dental, vision and life insurance premiums, along with paid time-off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with a company match. Employees enjoy a meal on us every day and a 35% employee discount at all Sugar Mountain locations.
Commitment to our Communities:
As part of our mission to Change the Way America eats, we’ve created the Beecher's Foundation, a non-profit supported by our family of companies. Aimed at educating people about the prevalence of food additives and their possible health risks, the Foundation is about giving people the tools they need to make healthy eating choices for life.
We are committed to building a team that includes individuals from different cultural backgrounds, genders, ages, sexual orientation, and physical abilities, reflecting the diversity of the communities where we work and live.
We are committed to the health and safety of our employees and the communities we serve. We require all new hires to provide written proof that they are vaccinated for COVID-19. In addition, Sugar Mountain is a tobacco- free company.