Job Title: Desk Side Support
Location: Ames, IA 50010
(Onsite required from Day 1)
Salary - $60k/year
· Assist with Sarbanes Oxley documentation gathering activities
· Maintain asset management system
New User Computer Deployment
· Responsible for executing PC setup and desktop image deployment for all new users
· Maintain and execute PC deployment imaging system
· Install PC hardware peripherals and phone handsets
· Install printer hardware and drivers as needed
· Train users as needed
· Install software packages as needed
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Advanced desktop support - client side or remote
· Build and deploy/setup computers and work stations
· Ability to maintain desktop deployment methods or imaging software
· Install and configure host-based antivirus software
· Desktop – Windows 10 installation, support, patching, and troubleshooting
· Ability to modify system registry
· Support of Office 2013, 2016, 2019, Chrome, IE 11, MS Edge
· Troubleshoot network printers
· Active Directory understanding - client side
· Demonstrated experience providing support with remote tools
· Install and troubleshoot 3rd party applications on the desktop
· Ability to install and update device drivers
· Experience training/mentoring junior technicians
· JD Edwards support experience
· Oracle Transportation Management support experience
· SQL database administration network skills relating to Ethernet switch configuration
· PowerShell knowledge or experience
· Network skills relating to firewall and VPN configuration
· VMware and virtualization technologies
· Experience with backup systems and software
· Ability to troubleshoot wireless network problems – client side
· ITIL knowledge and certifications
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year
Work Location: On the road
The job skills required for Desktop Support include Troubleshooting, Active Directory, Desktop Support, Installation, Written Communication, VPN, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Desktop Support. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Desktop Support. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Active DirectoryView Jobs
Desktop SupportView Jobs
Written CommunicationView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Desktop Support positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Desktop Support, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Help Desk Support Specialist III that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Desktop Support. You can explore the career advancement for a Desktop Support below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Desktop Support, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Desktop Support for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Desktop Support job description and responsibilities
Desktop support usually works on a break-fix model where support services are rendered as and when needed.
01/31/2022: Norfolk, VA
With desktop support, technicians access the affected machine directly, working through a virtual chat or telephone line to coordinate with the end-user.
03/04/2022: Bangor, ME
They often deal with clients who are having trouble with their systems, which can frustrate customers.
03/20/2022: Houston, TX
Responsibility includes installing and maintaining hardware and computer peripherals.
02/26/2022: Cedar Rapids, IA
Installing and upgrading operating systems and computer software.
03/30/2022: Atlanta, GA
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Desktop Support jobs
Validate & approve VPN access for all remote users.
02/06/2022: Bloomington, IN
Resolve hardware and network connectivity issues timely and accurately.
01/25/2022: Springfield, OH
Ensure desktop computers interconnection seamlessly with diverse system keeping in mind for compatibility factors.
03/01/2022: Pittsburgh, PA
Monitor day to day computer performance.
03/05/2022: Bismarck, ND
Understand the customer’s grasp of technology.
02/06/2022: Jacksonville, FL
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Desktop Support.