The IT Administrator role is primarily responsible for frontline IT operations: fielding tickets, onboarding, offboarding, and computer deployments. Other related primary responsibilities include analysis of support tickets, break-fix troubleshooting, and participation in technical research for our ongoing innovation. Contributing to developing processes, procedural documentation, and support mechanisms for systems hardware, application software, and related infrastructure is a secondary priority.
The job is focused on the NY studio with the opportunity to work on projects with the other STUDIOS offices.
The person responsible for the IT Administrator role will develop a workflow that allows for primary responsibilities to be filled e.g. computer deployments, onboarding and offboarding tasks, and troubleshooting ticket closeout.
● Advanced experience with Mac and Windows operating systems
● Command line and Powershell scripting ability
Other Essential Requirements:
● Ability to focus on resolving problems in a high-stress environment on occasion
● Ability to collaborate with many different stakeholders, including:
o Firmwide IT groups
● Ability to adapt to new technologies
● Excellent verbal and technical writing skills
● Excellent customer service skills
● Ticket management and follow-through
● Mobile device support (iPads / Android tablets for punch walks)
Current Network Environment:
● Windows Server 2012/16/19/22: Hyper-V; Active Directory; DFS; Group Policy
● Windows 10 Clients
● MacOS Clients
● iOS and Android
● Remote / Hybrid: VPN, LogMeIn, Remote Desktop Gateway, BIM360 (BIM Collaborate Pro)
● Autodesk AEC Collection: Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks
● BIM Collaborate Pro (BIM360)
● Rendering plug-ins: Enscape, V-Ray, 3ds Max, Lumion
● Adobe Creative Cloud Suite
● Bluebeam Revu
● Google Workspace
● Remote Administration Software: NinjaOne, ScreenConnect, LogMeIn, Meraki MDM, VPN
STUDIOS Architecture is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The job skills required for IT Administrator include Troubleshooting, Operating System, Windows Servers, Analysis, Customer Service,and VPN etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an IT Administrator. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by IT Administrator. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an IT Administrator, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an IT Administrator for your reference.