Salary: $24-30/hour tips Commissions
StretchLab is seeking Fitness and Bodywork professionals to grow our team of innovative Flexologists!
StretchLab is the industry leader in offering one-on-one assisted stretching in a boutique community environment. If you are looking to join a fun, collaborative team, with multiple career paths to grow into look no further. StretchLab is committed to professional growth. Leaders within our organization can grow into other roles such Studio Manager, Lead Flexologist- overseeing a team of Flexologists or into the Franchisor's Master Flex role- teaching and training the next generation of Flexologists nationwide.
Each Flexologist must satisfactorily complete our Flexologist Training Program including approx. 100 hours combination of in-studio and formal webinar pre-requisite training, followed by formal Registered in-person Flexologist Training by a Master Instructor. All Training paid for by US ($850 value)! You also get paid for your training time!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver one-on-one assisted stretch sessions of 25 and 50 minutes. Stretches may include all major muscle groups, plus extremities, including work on the small muscle groups and neck.
- Educate clients on benefits of stretching and encourage and motivate clients throughout their stretch session making sure the client knows what the stretch is designed to do, and how it should feel.
- The Flexologist will assess the client’s mobility and let the client know where they are especially tight plus educate on what the client can do during their daily routine to help keep them as mobile and limber as possible.
- Ensure safety of clients regarding proper stretch techniques and enforce StretchLab's policies and safety rules
- Be able to discuss, recommend, and help promote future visits and membership options with clients
- Managing client care by delivering a best-in-class stretching experience, updating client notes consistently and suggesting client ‘stretch homework’
- Assist manager in building StretchLab membership and retention of current members including tasks to maximize client utilization of sessions/membership by booking follow up appointments and outreach to foster regular attendance, critical for a successful mobility journey
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and required educational presentations
- Clean and maintain studio environment and equipment
- Provide exceptional customer service and deliver a high-end experience to every client
- Ability to create a foster a positive environment that welcomes all people and have a passion for helping people achieve their movement goals.
- Love of boutique fitness environment is a must – passion for movement, stretching and flexibility
- Experience working in a fitness/health environment where you provide hands-on training with client with at least 1 year minimum bodywork experience
- Strong professional work ethic and punctuality critical
- Strong communication skills that exude empathy and compassion
- Part time (15 hour minimum) and Full Time Shifts available. Shifts generally 4,5 or 6 hours.
- Athletic Trainer, Personal Trainer, or Sports Performance Coach
- Corrective Exercise Specialist, Kinesiology and Sports Medicine
- Physical Therapist (and Aides who are conducting hands on therapy assists)
- Chiropractors (and those in training)
- Massage Therapist
- Former collegiate and professional athletes with strong understanding of anatomy
- Pilates or Yoga Instructors
- Formally educated and trained Dancers
Our team currently has 5 locations throughout Westchester and Fairfield Counties (Scarsdale, Stamford, Fairfield, New Canaan and Westport) with a plan to open 4 additional studios in the area. We have an awesome team of almost 50 professionals and are looking for unique individuals looking to be a part of something special as we grow our footprint to 9 locations! We look for individuals who can contribute to our top tier service with a passion and commitment to excellence.
All our employees have access to continuing education, stretch benefits, discounts, EAP, 401k. Employees working 30 hours also have access to medical, dental & vision benefits as well as a host of other offerings.