This position is responsible for properly and safely cleaning the facility as established in the cleaning schedule and procedures, for maintaining high quality of cleaning, and for ensuring that all the cleaning at Streck properties is performed according to Standard Operating Procedures. This position may be required to, either by direction and/or independently, communicate with co-workers or vendors/contractors to execute specific routine or occasional tasks. Responsible for performing other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Work closely with Facilities Manager to maintain consistent, high quality cleaning, to solve problems when they arise, and to anticipate and actively address related issues that may develop.
2. Clean facility to include:
a. Removing and replacing plastic liners from trash reciprocals, and take trash to outside storage bin.
b. Mopping floors with dust mop.
c. Mopping floors and warehouse with wet mop using appropriate disinfectant.
d. Dusting all woodwork, office furniture, e.g. desks, chairs, tables, file cabinets, etc., counter tops and shelves.
e. Vacuuming floors and carpets with vacuum cleaner.
f. Sweeping warehouse areas with broom.
g. Cleaning all sinks with approved disinfectants.
h. Cleaning all rest rooms with approved cleaners.
i. Buffing floors with appropriate cleaning equipment.
j. Collecting trash and address specific landscape maintenance around the exterior areas of the facilities.
3. Report all information pertinent to cleaning procedures, equipment, cleaning solutions, or problems to the Facilities Manager.
4. Maintain an adequate inventory level of cleaning supplies, submitting order through the company’s current requisition process.
5. Advise manager when cleaning supplies need to be reordered and/or order cleaning supplies if requested by supervisor.
6. Maintain cleaning equipment in good working order. Provide input when orders are placed for new cleaning equipment.
7. Assist in insuring that all cleaning takes place according to Standard Operating Procedures to maintain organization and compliance.
8. Set-up special meeting and event items (e.g. chairs, tables, trash containers, etc.) per directions from, and discussions with, the supervisor or the event organizer.
9. Assist in or oversee the collection and exchange of company uniforms, mops, and other supplies, if required.
10. Assist in the mail / delivery operations required of the maintenance department, as may be needed.
11. Execute preventive maintenance assignments, including the completion of the current work order procedures.
12. Assist in enforcing compliance with all departmental and company safety procedures and regulations.
13. Performing all other duties as assigned.
1. High school diploma or GED preferred; not required.
2. One to two years’ experience cleaning commercial facilities preferred.
3. Must be dependable, well organized, and be able to communicate effectively and efficiently.
4. Ability to understand, interpret and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision.
5. Ability to assign work as a lead person, to train others, make reports as requested.
6. Ability to work harmoniously with others and to communicate effectively (both orally and in writing) with co-workers and supervisor.
Visit www.streckcareers.com to learn more about Streck and apply for this opportunity.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)