STORE Capital Advisors, LLC is seeking a Portfolio Manager to join our Underwriting and Portfolio Management team.
How you will contribute to STORE’s mission:
The Portfolio Manager is part of STORE’s Portfolio Management team responsible for reviewing and analyzing tenant financial statements for STORE’s existing $10 billion portfolio and supporting the underwriting of new transactions. This Portfolio Manager is responsible for analyzing and managing both the performing assets, as well as distressed assets within STORE’s portfolio. The position is an active, hands-on portfolio and asset management role and the individual will be responsible for the investment performance and strategic direction of each assigned asset.
What will make you successful (Qualifications)
- 3-5 years of experience working in a commercial real estate investment firm, with at least 3 years’ knowledge of corporate credit analysis. Prior workout and leasing experience required. Experience managing portfolios of commercial properties is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Business, Finance, and or related area required.
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) and or curriculum preferred.
- Experience with value-add investment strategies, including development, and re-positioning assets.
- Proficiency with valuation modeling and financial underwriting.
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and interpret sophisticated corporate financial concepts, including Income Statements, Balance Sheets, and Cash Flow Statements
- Ability to think critically, prepare financial analysis and determine the creditworthiness of a company as a tenant
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-starter with the capacity to work independently while possessing a team attitude and willingness to learn.
- Effective at time and task management
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, prioritize and deliver quality work under pressure.
What most days will include (Primary Duties)
- Managing and analyzing the financial health of STORE’s customers, conducting detailed portfolio analysis and preparing reports. Included in the analysis is a comparison of different industries, consideration of historic trends, and an understanding of financial metrics and regulatory/legal restrictions that may impact the portfolio.
- Assists in the management of all aspects of STORE’s distressed leases within its portfolio. Create and implement action plans for resolving distressed leases and defaults, including restructures, forbearances, bankruptcies, workouts, legal action, settlements, foreclosures, liquidations, note sales, and other actions. Negotiate with tenants, borrowers and guarantors to arrive at best possible resolutions and recovery.
- Prepare and present monthly portfolio and special assets reports to Executive Leadership Team, documenting the financial health, identifying potential issues, and resolution and anticipated recovery of troubled assets. Prepare other management reports as required.
- Leverage Excel and credit analysis to produce presentation-quality analysis and models for individual properties as well as portfolios to support investment or disposition decisions.
- Perform leasing and sales activities for vacant assets in STORE’s investment portfolio.
- Prepare and present credit memorandums regarding servicing requests from Tenants that may impact the credit quality of STORE’s portfolio.
- Assist with preparing presentations given by STORE to equity or debt investors, banks, rating agencies, etc.
- Work with accounting and senior management to complete appropriate impairment analyses, accrual and non-accrual determinations, reserves and charge-off recommendations.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned by the Vice President – Portfolio Management.
What’s in STORE for you (Benefits & Perks)
- Competitive Pay and Long-Term Pay Incentives
- Hybrid Work Schedule/Time Flexibility
- Comprehensive Health Benefits w/ $0 Cost Employee Benefit Plan Options
- Employer Sponsored Life and Disability Policies
- Generous Paid Time Off Program and Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer Time Off
- Eleven (11) Paid Holidays Per Year
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan with 4% match; with NO vesting schedule
- Employee Wellness Program
- Employee Training Reimbursement Program
STORE Capital Advisors, LLC is a proud equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or any other status protected by law. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.