Supports the General Manager and his/her team by completing administrative responsibilities. Duties include organizing, composing and distributing correspondence to both employees and guests, initial response and follow up to inquiries and collecting and tracking problem resolution information.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the administrative assistance, clerical services, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing Documentation and Reporting Support
• Assists managers in preparation of various reports and presentations.
• Assists with the design and preparation of statistical reports as needed.
• Attends, transcribes and distributes minutes, and participate in staff meetings, executive committee meeting and department meetings as needed.
• Makes new files, maintains existing files.
• Maintains giveaway/donation files and assists in making reservations.
• Provides administrative support to manager/s and department.
• Composes, produces and signs correspondence on routine matters.
• Produces and distributes correspondence as required.
• Answers department phones.
• Acts as a receptionist for manager and, when necessary, other department members, providing assistance to callers as required.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Attends meetings and communicates with executive and peers as an effort to improve quality of service.
• Ensures VIP amenity requests from GM/DOPS are handled in timely manner.
• Signs for managers and release, with specific permission.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities.
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
The job skills required for Executive Secretary include Administrative Support, Customer Service, Organizing etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Executive Secretary. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Executive Secretary. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming an Executive Secretary, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become an Executive Secretary for your reference.