The Development Manager role is critical to the future success of St. Bourke, will drive the creation of a high-performance development team and will enable the realization of St. Bourke’s vision:
- To be recognized as a leader in the property management and development industry for building wealth and creating thriving communities.
- The Development Manager will report directly to the President of St. Bourke and will be responsible for the St. Bourke development and project management functions. They will be an experienced development professional, adept at managing development and project management processes for small and large projects and have a track record for achieving outstanding outcomes.
The ideal candidate will have experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams through successful design, planning and construction processes. They will also have a track-record for delivering projects, on-time, on-budget and to a high level of quality.
Duties and Responsibilities
The core functions include, but are not limited to, the functions below.
- Work closely with the President – St Bourke to establish the St. Bourke development and project management capability.
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to the St. Bourke development team, and the broader St. Bourke team, to achieve agreed development outcomes.
- Engage and manage key stakeholder relationships to ensure timely input into planning, design and development processes.
- Work collaboratively with the St. Bourke team to develop the “St. Bourke Way” – a robust development process that appropriately streamlines the development process, mitigates risk and maximizes project profitability.
- Ensure that agreed development practices are adopted by the team and across St. Bourke and are evident in the outcomes delivered.
- Build and maintain a network of consultants and contractors that are capable of: contributing to, supporting, and enhancing the St. Bourke capability and project outcomes within each market St. Bourke operates.
- Assist in the preparation of project budgets and feasibilities and ensure that all costings are vetted properly, and market tested.
- Ensure that all development communications and documentation is appropriately handled and archived.
- Keep up-to-date as the latest planning, design and development practices, particularly as they relate to the projects and markets that St. Bourke manages and operates in.
- Maintain and monitor a program of development activities/tasks and report regularly as to progress and key issues.
- Prepare and present clear development strategies and recommendations that add value and enhance the development potential of properties under management and development.
- Contribute to and manage the scoping, briefing, procurement and preparation of key development deliverables, i.e. project visions, concept layouts, master plans, land development plans, architectural guidelines, construction contracts and transmittals.
- Identify and mitigate potential development issues and risks and inform key team members and the client immediately of any material unforeseen changes/risks, particularly any issues that present a safety risk for people and property.
- Prepare and maintain the financial projections/budgets, monthly draw requests and related analyses for the development and operation of projects.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Commercially astute.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- A team player and collaborator.
- Proactive and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to solve complex problems and provide solution alternatives.
- Strong executive presence and interpersonal skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering, construction management, project management or landscape architecture.
- Minimum five years’ experience in planning, design and management of successful property and residential development projects and property.
- Experience in managing and leading small to large multidisciplinary teams through development processes.
- Strong track record of stakeholder management and engagement, resulting in superior stakeholder outcomes.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite (incl. Microsoft Project or other industry programming software, i.e. Primavera) and CAD proficiency also desirable.
Drapac Capital Partners is a highly specialized international property investment group with over three decades of experience. At Drapac, opportunities are identified through unorthodox means and focus on the crucial balance between risk management and performance. Drapac has consistently outperformed the broader market and achieved a premium track record of returns across multiple asset classes. With a proven growth trajectory, including expansion into the U.S. in 2011, the current portfolio includes over 12,000 acres of land across multiple markets, with an end project value of $8 billion.
St. Bourke, a subsidiary company of Drapac Capital Partners, is a leading asset management and development company specializing in residential land and communities. St. Bourke is comprised of two divisions (see chart below) and is responsible for every asset in Drapac’s U.S. portfolio. St. Bourke’s approach is to view every project through an investment lens and create tailored strategies to unlock value. St. Bourke currently manages and develops a significant portfolio of properties, ranging from small urban projects to large-scale master-planned communities. Over time, St. Bourke will manage and develop property on behalf of other institutional and private investment clients, in addition to Drapac.