Provide support to The Defense Health Agency (DHA) Infrastructure and Operations, Engineering, Design and Deployment (EDD) Branch, Infrastructure Service Design (ISD) office. The individual will analyze, prepare and maintain system, programming, and operations documentation. The candidate must be able to maintain a current internal documentation library and be competent to work on most phases of documentation. The candidate will also be responsible for preparing and managing the specific program minutes.
Duties shall include, but not be limited to:
• Organize material and complete writing assignment according to set standards regarding order and clarity.
• Ability to take and organize minutes of technical meetings
• Ability to balance multiple parallel actions
• Ability to write technical procedures that are reflective of engineering operations and practices.
• Ability to interact with individuals of all levels throughout DHA
• Must be able to work in an engineering environment & translate practice into formal procedures
• Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
• Must have the ability to review policies / documents and minutes and develop operational procedures
• Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills
• Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands
• Writes and speaks clearly and concisely
• Develops & maintains expertise through interaction with Operations personnel & SMEs
• Complies with company policies, procedures, regulations
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
• Ability to work autonomously
• Ability to work flexible hours, including occasional Saturdays
• Takes initiative with minimal supervision
• Consistently meets all deadlines
• Confer with customer representatives, vendors, or publisher to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
• Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
• Study drawings, specifications, mockups, and product samples to integrate and delineate technology, operating procedure, sequence and detail.
• Interview engineering personnel & read journals & other material to become familiar with technologies.
• Arrange for typing, duplication, and distribution of material.
• Assist in laying out material for publication.
• Draw sketches to illustrate specified materials or assembly sequence.
• Administrative activities: correcting grammar, spelling, syntax, and formatting to accurately prepare, review, and edit written curriculum and the maintenance and updating of files and records.
• 3-5 years writing end-user or related documentation for technologies
• Instructional materials design experience, preferred
• Extensive organizational skills
• Ability to work independently
• Intermediate to Expert-level experience with Microsoft Office to include, but not limited to, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint.
• Effective oral and written communication to internal and external customers
• Ability to explain business needs in laymen’s terms, apply critical thinking skills to job responsibilities, and develop/apply alternative solutions to solve problems
• Team player who can collaborate with peers and staff to define and explain requirements
• Ability to adapt to change quickly
• Knowledge of information management and technologies