This position is posted on behalf of ACCESS Mental Health, INC (an affiliate of Spread Your Wings, LLC and subsidiary of Spread Your Wings Health USA).
Under direct supervision of the Executive Director, the Therapist role is an essential member of our team that provides clinical services to all clients enrolled for services in the program. Services may include, but not limited to individual therapy, family/couples therapy, and initial screening assessments. In this essential role, the Therapist will work in a multidisciplinary team setting, participating in meetings and other communications to ensure effective treatment planning takes place. For candidates that meet qualifications to clinically supervise registered associates/interns, job may include providing clinical supervision. Candidate should have prior experience working with individuals that have developmental/intellectual disabilities, in addition to their mental health diagnosis.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provide individual, family/couples therapy and group therapy services to clients, as needed.
- Conduct initial assessments to determine service eligibility, and process all assigned referrals, accordingly.
- Attend and participate in all relevant clinical team meetings.
- Create/develop group curriculum, as needed, for various group sessions, and submit to Clinical Director for approval.
- Serve as primary liaison between clients and their family members, support team, and any other ancillary treatment team members, including social workers, regional center Service Coordinators, etc.
- Complete all relevant required documentation, including treatment plans, progress notes, and any other appropriate forms/documents in a timely manner.
- Participate and assist the Executive Director in conducting internal client records audits and quality assurance reviews.
- Must have a minimum of at least two years of direct clinical service experience working with clients in a mental health/developmental disabilities setting.
- Must have prior experience documenting in electronic health records systems, and demonstrate efficiency in utilizing such systems.
- Must have a master's degree and is registered with the Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) with an active license or as an Associate.
- Must have a valid California driver’s license and proof of insurance coverage.
- Must have an active CPR/First-Aid Certification (if not, will be required to attain within 90-days after hire)
- Must be eligible or have an active NPI Number.
- Must be available to provide at least 60% of services in-person at an office-based/community setting. (portion of work can be done remotely)
Preferred (but not required) Qualifications:
- Prefer candidates that are eligible for providing clinical supervision to BBS-registered associates (AMFT, ASW, etc.).
- Prefer candidates that have familiarity and/or experience working in collaboration with regional centers and affiliated personnel (Service Coordinators, District Managers, etc.)
- Prefer bilingual candidates (English & an additional language/s)
Note: Hourly rate/Salary will depend on relatable experience and license/associate status.