Designer / Drafter III
Spray-Tech / Junair is a dynamic, rapidly evolving, & continuously improving business based in Rialto, California. We relentlessly strive for excellence & are currently looking for an additional Designer / Drafter with similar ideals. Our growing corporation is thriving in industrial solutions, supplying Powder Coating, Preparation Stations, Direct Gas Fired Industrial Heaters, Industrial Control Panels, Automotive Spray-Painting Booths, & more. We are looking for a talented Designer / Drafter to take projects from concept drawings to complete construction & fabrication shop drawings.
The Level III Inventor Designer / Drafter will be working in the Rialto, CA location. We are looking for a Leader who is experienced, dependable, and knowledgeable in Autodesk Inventor to join our team.
- Create 3D parametric parts files to be used in sub-assemblies & final assemblies for fabrication.
- Maintain & add to our company’s extensive Autodesk Vault parts & assembly catalog.
- Create parts, weld, and assembly & shop drawings for shop fabrication.
- Modify existing company designs to conform to company provided internal design standards.
- Create rapid sales informational cut sheets for customer approvals.
- Use ERP management / Jobboss Shop System software
- Create shipping lists & labels using Groove Packer software.
- Minimum 2-year Technical College or an Associate's degree in Drafting or Design.
- 4 years minimum experience in Autodesk Inventor, Vault & AutoCAD Mechanical.
- 3 years minimum experience in sheet metal design.
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, & Word.
- Ability to accurately estimate timelines for completion of design project milestones.
- Ability to read blueprints & interpret customer drawings & specifications.
- Fundamental knowledge of fabrication processes, capabilities and limitations of sheet metal & structures.
- Perform basic calculation and formulas.
- Great communication skills through verbal & written documentation.
- Schedule based performance reviews on productivity & timeliness.
- Ability to Lead our design staff
- Ability to use E.R.P. management software.
- Strong problem-identifying & problem-solving skills.
- Creative approach for generating new ideas.
- Excellent grasp of engineering & design principles.
- Kanban parts management systems a plus.
- Sigma six degree (White or Yellow) in lean manufacturing a plus.
- Job operates in office environment that routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work:
- Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 7:00 am to 3:30 p.m. Overtime may be required to complete time sensitive jobs. This is a full-time hourly non-exempt position, subject to overtime compensation.
- Please note this description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities required for the job.
- Spray Tech/Junair provides the employees with a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, holidays, sick pay vacation time and a retirement savings program upon successful completion of a required employment period. Hourly rate will be appropriate with experience & abilities.
For more information about Spray-Tech/Junair, please visit us at www.spraytech.com.
Regular, Full-time direct hire position.
Pay: $25.00 - $38.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $30.00 - $38.00 per hour
Expected hours: 40 per week
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Autodesk Inventor 3D: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: In person