Start Your Story at Speedway!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
A Speedway Store Manager is the heart and soul of the store. The Manager with an Assistant or two make up the store’s leadership team executing merchandising and marketing initiates, driving profitability, developing the skills of the entire store team and ensuring customers are well taken care of. What makes Speedway’s store operations unique is the level of support provided to the Store Management team. Maintenance, marketing, and recruiting are just a few of the support organizations at Speedway with the sole purpose of supporting store operations. Many of Speedway’s top managers started their career as a cashier, some even as part-timers simply looking for some extra income. Fast forward through hard work, completion of Speedway training programs and really learning the business, it’s easy to see how Speedway can boast about having the best store management teams in the industry
Speedway offers best in class benefits including:
- Weekly paychecks and paid holidays
- Paid vacation and sick pay plans
- Coverage in medical, dental, life, and vision insurances eligible upon enrollment
- Immediate eligibility and vesting for 401k plan with a company match of $1.17 per dollar up to 6% of annual salary begins upon enrollment
- Monthly bonus/incentive potential
- Tuition Reimbursement and Adoption Assistance
- What you bring:
- Oversee and provide customer service leadership, training, and coaching, alongside the Assistant Manager, for all store employees
- Maintaining high retention by focusing on identifying qualified applicants, developing leaders, empowering employees, and encouraging employee productivity
- Maintaining a clean, safe environment by complying with all health and sanitation procedures to ensure the store is presentable and that all products are in-stock
- Assist in implementing all merchandising and marketing programs
- Cash handling, fuel transactions, and promoting the Speedy Rewards loyalty program
- A valid Driver’s License from the state of residence and auto insurance in order to conduct area pricing surveys
- A High School diploma or GED is preferred, but not required for candidates that have at least one year of Retail Management experience.
- The ability to multi-task, perform repeated bending, standing, and reaching, and occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds
Please click here for Store Crew Job Responsibility Statements.
Please click here for Store Leadership Job Responsibility Statements.
Speedway is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
In Compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other applicable laws, we offer reasonable accommodation in the employment process. If you are unable to complete the application process due to a disability, please contact 1-888-225-5735, option 4.