What You Need To Know:
Open your future to incredible career potential. Work for an industry-leader who invests in their people. Southern Glazer’s Wine & Spirits is North America’s preeminent wine and spirits distributor, as well as a family-owned, privately held company with a 50 year legacy of success. We were named by Newsweek as a Most Loved Workplace and are included on the Forbes lists for Largest Private Companies and Best Employers for Diversity.
As a full-time employee, you can choose from a full menu of our Top Shelf Benefits, including comprehensive medical and prescription drug coverage, dental and vision plans, tax-saving Flexible Spending Accounts, disability coverage, life insurance plans, and a 401(k) plan. We also offer tuition reimbursement, a wellness program, parental leave, vacation accrual, paid sick leave, and more.
At Southern Glazer’s, you’ll enjoy an environment where continuous learning and growth are supported and experience a culture where you are respected, and your voice is heard. If you’re looking to fill your glass with opportunity, come join our FAMILY.
The Supply Chain Analyst will be instrumental in supporting a long-term vision through effective implementation of business processes, and leadership to enable organizational transformation proactively.
- Focus on strategic decision making in demand planning, replenishment, logistics, and nationwide distribution structure
- Initiate and collaboratively develop opportunities with the key stakeholders to improve processes and reduce costs
- Assess current supply chains and make recommendations on how to optimize these in the future to take advantage of efficiency factors and deliver significant cost advantages to SGWS
- Participate in management activities focused on solving business issues and enhancing our competitive advantage
- Assist the Supply Chain Executives with timely, accurate, pertinent information and analysis as well as aid in monitoring, evaluating, and improving performance and related metrics of the Supply Chain operation
- Act as a liaison between the specialized departments within and outside the supply chain organization; will work cross-functionally to develop strategic planning with a holistic approach to future business needs. Ensure the appropriate use of analytical tools so that analysis and reporting is accurate, timely, and complete
- Partner with functional managers in Supply Chain Management to understand the current and future business requirements; identify and implement process and organizational improvements
- Design, test, recommend and implement efficient processes to manage workflow and Supply Chain. Optimization of existing processes and resources with clear goals and benchmarks of improvement, development, and management of sound business practices and efficient processes
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative Inventory, Forecast, Sales, Logistics, and Financial data
- Applies advanced analytical methods and tools to develop and compute measurements on key performance throughout the Supply Chain
- Prepares, designs, and manages tabular reports, list reports, scorecards, and dashboards
- Perform ongoing and ad hoc analysis of SQL data sets for management decision making and problem-solving
- Develop and routinely process Tableau reports and other analyses that effectively monitor various KPIs and assist the supply chain business teams such as demand planning, inventory management, and logistics
- Provide mentoring and support to other analysts to assist in their development surrounding data and utilizing self-service tools
- Perform other duties as assigned
Additional Primary Responsibilities:
- Bachelor s degree with a focus in Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Engineering
- Three years of experience in Supply Chain functions or related job
- Expert knowledge in Excel, Tableau, SQL, and query/report development
- Strong analytical skills
- Create excel models and routine level reports
- Design and execute ad-hoc queries out of various systems including SQL Server, JDA, and SAP
- Responsible for data and report accuracy and expected to find errors in data; investigate and develop robust controls to mitigate future errors
- Develops innovative approaches to tackle business issues through analysis of data
- Interacts directly with various Supply Chain departments and leadership regularly
- Trains other analysts as needed
- Responsible for improving current processes
- Develop specialties in different SCM areas
- Initiate process improvement ideas
- Physical demands with activity or condition for a considerable amount of time include sitting and typing/keyboarding using a computer (e.g., keyboard, mouse, and monitor) or mobile device
- Physical demands with activity or condition may occasionally include walking, bending, reaching, standing, squatting, and stooping
- May require lifting/lowering, pushing, carrying, or pulling up to 20lbs
Southern Glazer's Wine and Spirits, an Affirmative Action/EEO employer, prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern Glazerâ€™s Wine and Spirits provides competitive compensation based on estimated performance level consistent with the past relevant experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and education of employees. Unless otherwise expressly stated, any pay ranges posted here are estimates from outside of Southern Glazerâ€™s Wine and Spirits and do not reflect Southern Glazerâ€™s pay bands or ranges.