The Sales Manager for the CarWash Parts division and is accountable for the achievement of all service and sales goals. This is a hands-on role that provides day-to-day oversight to the Parts Customer Service and Sales personnel, builds, and implements customer-oriented business development and service plans.
Job Category: Salaried
Reports To: SVP of Sales Operations
Hours: 8:00am – 5:30pm, additional hours as needed.
· Manage all daily functions within the Sonny’s Sales and Service functions. This includes all staffing, reporting, customer service, sales, and business development.
· Contribute to Sonny’s Parts business plan - focused on division growth and expansion (sales growth, product line growth, distribution network growth), the enhancement of core service offerings, and continued improvement in operational execution.
· Optimize the customer experience through each sales channel (traditional, e-commerce, and P2P applications) to ensure Sonny’s is providing an easy, intuitive, and friendly shopping experience (order intake – order management – delivery) for Sonny’s Parts clients.
· Collaborate with peers across the organization to ensure Parts sales/service performance and offerings are working in tandem with other sales and servicing efforts.
· Chief customer advocate for Sonny’s Parts clients – directly developing and maintaining relationships, resolving escalated issues, and driving customer-centric solutions throughout the division’s operations.
· Lead the team by example – instilling sales and service best practices – coaching and developing the team to strengthen capabilities and working with them to adapt to the changing needs of the business.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Persuasion - Talking people into changing their minds or their behavior.
· Active Listening - Listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions.
· Speaking - Talking to others.
· Service Orientation - Looking for ways to help people.
· Coordination - Changing what is done based on other people's actions.
· Social Perceptiveness - Understanding people's reactions.
· Negotiation - Bringing people together to solve differences.
· Critical Thinking - Thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem.
· Reading Comprehension - Reading work-related information.
· Judgment and Decision Making - Thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one.
· Monitoring - Keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements.
· Active Learning - Figuring out how to use new ideas or things.
· Management of Personnel Resources - Selecting and managing the best workers for a job.
· Complex Problem Solving - Noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it.
· Instructing - Teaching people how to do something.
· Systems Evaluation - Measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it.
· Writing - Writing things for co-workers or customers.
· Systems Analysis - Figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it.
· Time Management - Managing your time and the time of other people.
· Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
· Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
· Administration and Management - Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
Working Conditions: Majority will be an inside office environment.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to stand or sit and move about the facility.
Education and Formal Training:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Sales, Operations, or a related field.
· 5 years of sales and service leadership experience - proven track of record of meeting and achieving sales and service goals in an inside sales/service environment
· Dynamic, customer focused leader who has experience managing sales and service in a distribution-based business
· Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks and projects in a fast-paced growing business
· Demonstrated proficiency in sales planning, sales process, competitive analysis, service best practices, and business development
· Strong interpersonal and presentation skills; Excellent written and verbal communication; Exceptional follow-up skills
· Proficient User of Microsoft Office’s suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio, etc.)
· Prior Experience with SAP and Salesforce a Plus
· Experience in the Car Wash industry preferred; not required
Candidates will be required to complete a background check and drug screen before beginning work.
Sonny's is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment for everyone. We embrace and celebrate the unique experiences, perspectives, and cultural backgrounds that each employee brings to our workplace. Sonny's strives to foster an environment where our employees feel respected, valued, and empowered, and our team members are at the forefront in helping us promote and sustain an inclusive workplace.
The job skills required for Sales Manager include Customer Service, Leadership, Futures, Presentation, Sales and Marketing,and Sales Operations etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Sales Manager. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Sales Manager. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
If you are interested in becoming a Sales Manager, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Sales Manager for your reference.