Love to make a difference in the lives of seniors? At Solera Senior Living we are led by our Core Values which guide our decision-making at every level of our company. We are looking for compassionate individuals who want to join our team!
What can Solera offer you?
- A company that is growing so you can grow too!
- Ability to be paid immediately, no more waiting for paycheck Friday!!
- Interested in returning to school? We have a tuition reimbursement benefit!
- A great team of co-workers
- Comprehensive medical plan that includes discounted gym memberships
- Dental/vision/life/disability benefits
- 401(k) Plan
- Paid holidays and time off
- Perks and discount programs
- Employee Assistance Program
We are constantly asking ourselves to think outside of the box, utilize technology to improve lives, honor our relationships with one another, and make a meaningful difference in our community. Our leadership team is made up of passionate people who have a true connection to seniors and their families, and who are dedicated to helping others’ grow and thrive.
Solera’s Core Values:
Listen…we flat out LOVE what we do and if our story resonates with you, and you want to LOVE what you do every day - we want to meet you!
Overview & Responsibilities
Responsible for responding to needs of residents; as well as maintaining the physical and emotional health of residents with dementia. The Memory Care Director oversees service of resident’s care and social needs through the hiring, training and management of staff, physicians, health related agencies, and hospital staff. Ensures adherence to all applicable federal, state, and local guidelines, regulations, and standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise all healthcare personnel to include hiring, training, evaluating and counseling within established policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date all resident assessments in accordance with current rules and regulations ensuring that a comprehensive care plan is complete upon move in and each scheduled interval thereafter.
- Maintain relationships and observe the residents on a continual basis, alert the Executive Director and family members of the change in status of the resident to include emotional and physical health.
- Provide intervention to respond to emergencies and problems.
- Coordinate departmental schedule to ensure proper staffing levels in accordance with federal, state and budget requirements.
- Create initial and on-going memory care specific training and ensure all associates receive training in emergency procedures, record keeping and dementia specific care.
- Assess residents for change in level of care and coordinate billing for that level of care.
- During associate absences ensure coverage of duties either through additional staff or personal completion of duties.
- Work closely with residents and families to develop & implement appropriate Plan of Care.
- Assist residents in medical appointments and coordinate required transportation.
- Participate in rotation of on-call duty.
- Supervise Caregivers and Medication Technicians.
- Follow OSHA compliance and back support procedures.
- Be a resource and manage or care for the resident and their family.
- Maintain and oversee contact with Physicians to facilitate medication orders, Oversee central storage and supplies, as well as the tracking delivery of medications.
- Assist in filling out Incident Reports for residents and staff while ensuring all aspects and proper protocols are met; including but not limited to notifying family and physician.
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, families, associates, and guests of the community.
- Promote teamwork and open communication
- Any/All other duties as assigned by the Executive Director or designee.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in Assisted Living, Memory Care, or skilled setting preferred.
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including email software, assessment software, etc
- Must have the ability to make decisions when circumstances call for action and to remain calm during emergency situations
- Strong leadership and teaching skills
- Ability to be on-call as needed
- Able to physically assist in the moving of residents when necessary
- Able to lift up to 20 LBS and push 40 LBs
- Required to participate in Covid-19 testing as requested by administration, ownership or the State Regulatory Agencies.
- Required to receive or provide documentation of the Covid-19 Vaccine, excluding religious or medical exemptions.
- Required to receive the annual Flu vaccine, excluding religious or medical exemptions.