GLENWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Cody Carrico 318-265-2639
Target Hourly Rate
Unit DescriptionOFFERING ALL NEW HIRES SIGN ON BONUSES!! $1,000 for Full Time, and $500 for Part Time
"Covid 19 Vaccination Required To Work At This Location"
Sodexo @ Glenwood Regional Medical Center is seeking for a
Full Time Food Service Worker
to work a flexible schedule throughout the week, weekends and Holidays.Glenwood Regional Medical Center is a 278-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in West Monroe, Louisiana. Glenwood offers comprehensive healthcare services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures, diagnostic imaging, maternity care, rehabilitation services, and help for a broad range of medical conditions. Equipped with the most advanced medical technology and staffed by a team of highly skilled healthcare professionals, Glenwood is committed to providing high-quality care in a friendly hospital environment.
Apply now for immediate consideration.Final candidates will submit to additional pre-employment requirements.#CB#PM#HS#IN
The Food Service Worker may work anywhere on property where food is prepared. This person will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and workstations. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix, wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs for cooking, serving, and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service standards.
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as needed.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- Sets up stations with entrées, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt) and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Interacts with customers in the serving, retail, and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May work on a tray line to distribute food.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience required.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally, in an indoor setting, however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends, and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
Source: Hospitality Online
IT Outsourcing & Consulting
About Sodexo Usa
Sodexo offers diverse learning opportunities specially designed to help employees succeed in their current job and grow into new and exciting roles. Flexible options include self-study, instructor-led classes, online learning and partnerships with other organizations. Tuition reimbursement is available to all full-time employees in good standing with Sodexo with at least one year of continuous service.
Many of our Multi-Service and Food GM's are eligible to participate in the Global FM Academy, which will help our managers grow and manage FM in their accounts, positively impact the Quality... of Life of our consumers, the performance of our clients, as well as their own personal and professional development and that of their teams. The Global FM Academy is made up of a series of courses that are delivered over an extended period of time.
5 Days Ago
The job skills required for Food Service Worker include food service, food handling, HACCP, Container, Risk Management, etc.
Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Food Service Worker.
That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Food Service Worker.
Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
For the skill of food service
Gx Louisiana Llc
The following is the career advancement route for Food Service Worker positions,
which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Food Service Worker,
it can be promoted into senior positions as a Fast Food Shift Supervisor that are expected to
handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary
Food Service Worker. You can explore the career advancement for a Food Service Worker below
and select your interested title to get hiring information.
2 Months Ago
If you are interested in becoming a FOOD SERVICE WORKER, you need to understand the job requirements and
the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will
also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a FOOD SERVICE WORKER for your
Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on FOOD SERVICE WORKER job description and responsibilities
May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
12/23/2021: Stamford, CT
Safe food handling practices and regulations and acts governing food service are emphasized.
01/13/2022: Spokane, WA
A few of the main duties of a food service worker are cleaning the stove top for cooks, adhering to food safety regulations, helping cooks prepare meals, and creating simple dishes such as salad.
12/18/2021: Phoenix, AZ
Food service workers typically learn on the job, especially substitute workers.
02/06/2022: Charlotte, NC
Prepare and deliver healthy food to hospital patients.
12/13/2021: Chicago, IL
Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on FOOD SERVICE WORKER jobs
Measure and analyze customer feedback.
02/23/2022: Pascagoula, MS
Apportion and places food servings on plates trays according to diet list on menu card.
02/16/2022: Moline, IL
Prepare delivers food trays to hospital patients, performing any combination of following duties on tray line.
12/01/2021: Grand Forks, ND
Wash dishes cleans work area, tables, cabinets, and ovens.
01/11/2022: Twin Falls, ID
To avoid contamination, uncooked meat should never be stored above or near ready-to-eat food.
11/27/2021: Fort Collins, CO
View the best colleges and universities for FOOD SERVICE WORKER.
University of South Carolina--Upstate
New York University