OAKWOOD COMMUNITY CENTER - F/N
Target Hourly Rate
The Oakwood Center located in Somerset Kentucky has a cashier/food service worker position available in the food service kitchen. The position works from 8:00am- 4:00pm. The position has every third weekend off. Minimum starting rate is $15.00 plus a $500 sign on bonus.These are full time positions offering a
$500 Sign On Bonus
that is predicated on 90 days of good attendance and no written behavioral counselings. Other benefits include but not limited to Health & Wellness Benefits effective upon date of hire, 401k, tuition reimbursement, discounts at several retailers & businesses, as well as employees eat for free while working.#CB#MN#ID#PM#HS
The Cashier/Food Service Worker works primarily in the foodservice operation, handling cash and credit transactions from Sodexo customers. In addition, they will assist in setup and serving of food from counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and sanitizing equipment and work stations. As a cashier, they must accurately operate the cash register/POS and complete the transactions. Will also provide support to the retail operation, including setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting in cleanup and closedown. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to customers.
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and procedures.
- May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy of transactions and operate peripheral equipment that records and supports non-cash transactions.
- May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the dining area).
- May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items, service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads, condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables (sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at the end of meal periods.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations, counters, steam tables and other equipment.
- Brews coffee and tea. May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when requested.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May maintain inventory, stock, and requisitions as well as complete assigned tasks from management every day.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to employees.
- Basic food-handling skills
Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.
Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to all employees).
Source: Hospitality Online
IT Outsourcing & Consulting
About Sodexo Usa
Sodexo offers diverse learning opportunities specially designed to help employees succeed in their current job and grow into new and exciting roles. Flexible options include self-study, instructor-led classes, online learning and partnerships with other organizations. Tuition reimbursement is available to all full-time employees in good standing with Sodexo with at least one year of continuous service.
Many of our Multi-Service and Food GM's are eligible to participate in the Global FM Academy, which will help our managers grow and manage FM in their accounts, positively impact the Quality... of Life of our consumers, the performance of our clients, as well as their own personal and professional development and that of their teams. The Global FM Academy is made up of a series of courses that are delivered over an extended period of time.
3 Days Ago
6 Days Ago
6 Days Ago