Shive-Hattery's St. Louis office has an immediate opening for a civil engineer with up to five (5) years experience.
- Experience in design of civil/site development, including: sanitary sewers, storm water, site planning, grading, utilities, permitting, local roads and/or civil works
- Graduated from an accredited engineering school with Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- Demonstrates an ability to be service oriented to existing and potential clients
- Internships/summer experience in general civil engineering or construction a plus
- Ability to read and understand construction engineering plans and drawings, including sheet references and layering
- Have passed or are scheduled to take fundamentals of engineering exam to obtain official Engineering Intern designation by the State of Missouri within one (1) year
- Ability to communicate effectively, written and orally
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience a plus
- MicroStation 3D experience a plus
- Deadline oriented personality
- Assist more senior civil engineers with entry level engineering tasks
- Assist with engineering design for a wide variety of public and private projects in the industrial, healthcare, education, commercial and government market sectors
- Duties will include preparation of AutoCAD drawings, reports and technical specifications
- Demonstrated proficiency in Civil 3D Design Software, MicroStation and GeoPAK, and GIS Software
- Design tasks will include roadway design, trails, parking lots, site grading, drainage and storm sewer design, sanitary sewer design, water main design, project phasing, traffic control and other site design components
- Assist with performing onsite construction administration and construction observation services including reporting and monitoring contractor's compliance with contract documents
- Ability to work with other Engineers on multi-discipline teams
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organization and prioritization with attention to detail
- Maintain a thriving working relationship with team members to foster and promote company values and culture
Our learning and teaching culture is founded on collaboration. You will learn from and teach other employees while working across disciplines. You will grow your skills and continue your professional growth at Shive-Hattery.
Shive-Hattery offers outstanding benefits, a sound compensation package.
For certain clients, we are required to conduct drug and/or alcohol testing on employees who perform work at the client site or on the client project. Consequently, employees and/or applicants will be required to satisfactorily pass a drug and/or alcohol test prior to any such work assignment.
Shive-Hattery is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.