Supports the General Manager and his/her team by completing administrative responsibilities. Duties include organizing, composing and distributing correspondence to both employees and guests, initial response and follow up to inquiries and collecting and tracking problem resolution information.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years experience in the administrative assistance, clerical services, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Secretarial Studies, Business Administration, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; no work experience required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Providing Documentation and Reporting Support
• Assists managers in preparation of various reports and presentations.
• Assists with the design and preparation of statistical reports as needed.
• Attends, transcribes and distributes minutes, and participate in staff meetings, executive committee meeting and department meetings as needed.
• Makes new files, maintains existing files.
• Maintains giveaway/donation files and assists in making reservations.
• Provides administrative support to manager/s and department.
• Composes, produces and signs correspondence on routine matters.
• Produces and distributes correspondence as required.
• Answers department phones.
• Acts as a receptionist for manager and, when necessary, other department members, providing assistance to callers as required.
• Sorts and distributes mail.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Providing services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
• Managing day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meets the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
• Attends meetings and communicates with executive and peers as an effort to improve quality of service.
• Ensures VIP amenity requests from GM/DOPS are handled in timely manner.
• Signs for managers and release, with specific permission.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Attends meetings to plan, organize, prioritize, coordinate and manage activities.
• Works with other people to gather the information necessary to manage projects, achieve goals, and resolve problems.
• Informs and/or updates the executives and peers on relevant information in a timely manner.
|When you join the Sheraton family, you become a member of its global community. We’ve been a place to gather and connect since 1937. At Sheraton, associates create a sense of belonging in more than 400 communities around the world. We welcome guests through engaging experiences and thoughtful service. If you’re a team player who is excited to deliver a meaningful guest experiences, we encourage you to explore your next career opportunity with Sheraton.|
White Plains, NY
The job skills required for Executive Assistant include Administrative Support, Customer Service, Organizing, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be an Executive Assistant. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Executive Assistant. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
The following is the career advancement route for Executive Assistant positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As an Executive Assistant, it can be promoted into senior positions as an Executive Assistant IV that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Executive Assistant. You can explore the career advancement for an Executive Assistant below and select your interested title to get hiring information.