WHO WE ARE
In business for 48 years, Servicon provides superior custodial solutions for complex and high-end environments in the healthcare, aerospace, commercial, municipal, manufacturing, and entertainment industries. Servicing more than 100 million square feet daily, our customer base includes Fortune 100 and 500 companies as well as many of the largest hospitals, aeronautical facilities, and municipalities throughout the United States.
We take pride in building and sustaining long-term client relationships by providing customized solutions that offer measurable ROI and an unmatched customer experience.
Our goal is to create cleaner, healthier environments for our clients while working toward our vision of elevating the industry through integrity, leadership, and innovation. We want to change the face of the cleaning industry and seek candidates who share our values.
At Servicon, our Operations Supervisors oversee the activities of the custodial staff, providing daily management and leadership. An Operations Supervisor's support responsibilities include client relations, recruitment, scheduling staff, payroll management, technical / safety training programs, completion of daily work schedules / work orders, quality program / inspections, assisting in inventory management, and annual performance appraisals. Other responsibilities include:
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Supports the Area/Operations Manager in tracking and reporting quality, performance and financial Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other management duties as directed.
- Directly supervises, engages, guides, coaches and motivates all team members. This includes interviewing and hiring, conducting on-boarding orientation, reviewing and evaluating work quality / performance, counseling, coaching and corrective action including proper written documentation of performance improvement areas, annual performance appraisal/review, and participate in union grievances.
- Supports compliance of Servicon corporate policy and procedures, client’s partnership agreement and Statement of Work (SOW), developing a strong client relationship that is based on integrity, professionalism, respect, responsiveness, urgency and quality performance.
- Strict compliance of all employee paperwork including timely completion and submittal of new hire forms, employee status change forms, corrective action notices and resignation/termination notices.
- Conduct and support training programs for all team members on subjects including safety regulations, procedures, efficient and cost-effective methods of cleaning and equipment preventive maintenance.
- Reviews clock in/ clock out for accuracy / completeness, approves and submits timely for payroll
- Ensures proper staffing levels are maintained and coordinates employee job requisitions with
- Area/Operations Managers in accordance with established procedures and in a cost-effective manner.
- Create / coordinate work schedules and manage vacations and absenteeism to ensure that all work is completed per Statement of Work.
- Conduct safety meetings with team daily. In conjunction with Safety Administrator, perform on the spot correction, counseling and retraining of unsafe procedures.
- Perform a thorough root-cause analysis, accurately prepare report, timely submit to Safety & Loss Control Department and re-train associates in conjunction with the Area/Operations Manager for all incidents / accidents that occur. In case of accident, Supervisor may be responsible to take the team member to a clinic or hospital.
- Coordinate and complete all Corporate Training Programs Schedules.
- Inspect assigned work area during / after work has been completed, verifying quality of work and compliance with site specific procedures and client’s Statement of Work.
- Perform daily Quality Assurance Inspections of all buildings and work areas within the Statement of Work ensuring quality meets the expectation of client and Servicon.
- Assist Area/Operations Manager in resolving client concerns and team issues.
- Inventories and orders approved supplies and monitors utilization to ensure efficient and cost effective use.
- Meet with clients to schedule upcoming events, special requests and resolve concerns.
- Escalates issues appropriately to Area/Operations Manager.
- May occasionally require being available for extended hours, during the week or weekends, to manage escalated and urgent issues.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- At least 5 years experience as a Shift Supervisor in custodial services or related field.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, motivate, and develop a team.
- Efficient use of technology, and associated software programs such as Microsoft Office, Workforce Management systems, and corporate resources.
- Must be able to commute between client locations as needed.
- Strong preference for candidates who are bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Union experience preferred.
- Must posses AND maintain a valid driver's license, with a driving record that aligns with company standards.
Some employees may required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (14 days after final dose) prior to hire or have a qualifying legal exemption.