If you are a detail-oriented professional and want to be a succesful Subcontracts Administrator, Serco has a great opportunity for you! The SCA III develops competitive and single/sole source Request For Proposals (RFPs) for federal and commercial services and products of medium complexity; compiles various bid/compliance documents and inspects them for completeness; evaluates bids and completes subcontract / purchase order awards; manages supplier performance issues to resolution; performs subcontract close-out and a variety of other procurement-related tasks.
On-site with hybrid and remote possiblity
In this role:
- Develops competitive and single/sole source Request For Proposals (RFPs) for federal and commercial services and products of medium complexity; compiles various bid/compliance documents and inspects them for completeness; evaluates bids and completes subcontract / purchase order awards; manages supplier performance issues to resolution; performs subcontract close-out and a variety of other procurement-related tasks.
- Responsible for preparing compliant RFP packages for requirements of varying complexity. Issues competitive and sole/single source solicitations and serves as the primary point of contact for the bidding suppliers. Uses knowledge of contract types to determine appropriate type for certain procurements assessing the risk associated with various contract and fee types to provide advice to team regarding questions on regulatory or customer requirements. Evaluates competitive bids on a lowest-price-technically-acceptable (LPTA) and best-value basis and awards subcontracts / purchase orders to successful bidders under limited supervision. Understands how to establish the appropriate evaluation criteria in best-value solicitations. Fully administers subcontracts from cradle-to-grave for multiple agreements across a range of programs.
- Possesses strong supplier interaction skills and leads subcontract negotiations. Possesses a strong understanding of Serco’s standard terms and conditions as well as Federal contract clauses. Tailor Prime Contract flow downs and general terms and conditions to suit each procurement with assistance from management on sensitive or high-risk terms. Understands when certain contract clauses require Procurement interaction with other parties and actions them accordingly.
- Acquires products or services in a timely manner. Understands how to make use of known / historical sources and how to identify potential new sources in various industries. Ensures subcontract agreements and purchase orders accurately reflect price, schedule, terms and conditions as negotiated with suppliers independently under minimal supervision. Relies on experience to structure agreements in a manner that is professional and minimizes ambiguities.
- Understands procurement file documentation requirements and demonstrates capability to complete, compile, and review individual documents for suitability. Understands the difference between compliant and non-compliant documents and is able to work with the appropriate parties to correct any deficiencies. May provide guidance to more junior staff members on certain procurement documentation (i.e. Source Justifications or Price Analyses). Exhibits a strong understanding of compliance, and may conduct peer reviews for more junior staff members’ procurement files.
- Facilitates the resolution of subcontract agreement related issues by arranging and participating in conferences between suppliers and company personnel. Recommends appropriate actions to resolve performance difficulties. Monitors supplier performance for conformance to original proposal, and controls change management.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities and provides suggestions for cost reduction and improved efficiency. May serve as a functional lead for certain process improvement activities.
- Develops a strong understanding of the Procurement activities in the contract pre-award phase. Negotiates and establishes Non-Disclosure Agreements and standard Teaming Agreements, with some oversight. Serves as a lead role for soliciting third party pricing to support Serco proposals.
- Establishes business rapport and builds continuity with the Program Management Office for multiple programs. Actions procurement requirements directly from the requesting source in lieu of receiving assignments from a manager. Prepares and disseminates information throughout the company regarding subcontract status, compliance, modification, deviation, negotiation, and termination.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- US citizen
- Bachelors degree or 4-6 years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of subcontracting fundamentals and possess general understanding of federal, state, and aerospace industry regulations.
- Strong understanding of the RFP / bid process. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Possess analytical and technical skills required to understand business practices and recommend proper automation opportunities.
- Must have intermediate computer skills and be able to understand electronic processing.
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills for effective interface with all internal and external contacts.
- Understands and complies with Serco Procurement policies and procedures.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and the ability communicate with a wide range of internal or external parties.
- Can work independently and provide guidance to peers.
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has over 9,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
To review Serco benefits please visit: https://www.serco.com/na/careers/benefits-of-choosing-serco.
If you require an accommodation with the application process please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the HR Service Desk at 800-628-6458, option 1. Please note, due to EEOC/OFCCP compliance, Serco is unable to accept resumes by email.
Serco does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies without being a contracted approved vendor. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Serco and will not be obligated to pay a placement or contract fee. If you are interested in becoming an approved vendor at Serco, please email Agencies@serco-na.com.
COVID-19 Regulations: Serco complies with all applicable COVID-19 requirements. This may require employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, provide attestations regarding vaccination status and/or COVID-19 testing, or satisfy other conditions of employment that Serco deems appropriate, and employees may be required to show proof of vaccination and/or negative COVID-19 test results as a condition of employment (except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation).