The primary purpose of this position is to coordinate the day-to-day needs of residents, with the oversight of the Facility Administrator, in accordance with current federal, state and local regulations, and to assure the highest degree of personal care and quality of life will be received by all residents. The Resident Services Director will exercise a great degree of independent judgment with regard to resident care and staff management.
· Ensure quality of care and safety of residents is top priority at all times.
· Management of team to carry out quality resident care at the facility.
· May be called upon to assume Administrator role on a temporary basis if needed
· Participate in quality management program of the facility.
· Report any building or resident problems to Administrator as soon as possible.
· Assist in marketing facility as directed by Administrator.
· Ensure that sufficient staff members are available for each shift. Arrange substitute staff as needed.
· Develop and deliver work assignments to Personal Care Providers and follow up on outcomes prior to the end of each shift.
· Monitor personnel to assure all residents of their rights.
· Observe staff performance in areas of infection control and safety and provide coaching and counseling if needed.
· Supervise and evaluate resident care, including adherence by team members to direct care procedures, care plans, physician orders and best practices.
· Evaluate room cleanliness, resident condition and safety, and implement appropriate interventions.
· Communicate with physicians, diagnostic services, hospitals and families as needed.
· Work as a Patient Care Provider as needed to cover shifts.
· Reorder medications as necessary to fulfill physicians’ orders .
· Complete accident/incident reports as needed.
· Administer and document medications accurately and in a timely manner, including taking necessary vital signs prior to dispensing medications when ordered by physician or otherwise appropriate.
· Review medications sheets for accuracy.
· Obtain physician update for each resident on a semiannual basis.
· Work with other personnel to maintain a safe and sanitary environment, including following safety and fire procedures, infection control and universal precaution policies and procedures.
· Attend departmental and staff meetings.
· Supervise QMAP staff members to ensure medication administration policies are followed.
· Conduct intermittent assessments of all medication administration task and administer staff assessments
· Monitor safe handling and use of equipment and report needs for replacement equipment to Administrator.
· Stock and clean medication storage containers and keep medication room clean and orderly.
· Complete other duties as assigned by the Administrator.
· Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs comfortably
· Comfortable using and climbing on ladders and step stools
· Certain activities may require repetitive movements including climbing, crawling, crouching, pulling, pushing
· Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends and holidays. May be called during off hours to respond to emergency or unusual situations.
· Independent judgment and decision-making
· Skilled at exhibiting leadership and getting work done through others
· Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing, including the ability to provide non-
technical assistance in a simple, straightforward manner
· Demonstrate sensitivity to the concerns of residents and a commitment to dealing fairly with all
· Friendly demeanor, positive disposition, tactful, patience and high ethical character even while dealing with difficult or upset residents
· Maintains a professional demeanor and responds with urgency
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills; attention to detail
· Intermediate computer knowledge and typing skills; working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
· Respect for privacy and ability to maintain confidentiality of resident care information
· Self-directed and proactive; independent problem solver
· Ability to motivate staff through creating a positive working environment
· Enjoys community involvement, resident interaction, and public representation of the organization.
· Bilingual a plus
Education and Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent required
· Minimum of one-year work experience as Personal Care Provider with Medication Administration training, or Resident Services Coordinator, or both.
· Read, write, speak and understand the English language.
· Demonstrated working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook
· Colorado QMAP (Qualified Medication Administration P) required
The job skills required for Resident Services Director include resident service, Leadership, Microsoft Office, Confidentiality, outlook,and Attention to Detail etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Resident Services Director. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Resident Services Director. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.