Seeking a proven Energy Educator will provide field support for targeted outreach and lead generation for various residential customers. The goals of successful outreach are to (1) provide prequalified leads to trade allies; (2) build and strengthen relationships with property management stakeholders, as well as community partners; and (3) conduct comprehensive energy assessments.
The Energy Educator Position offers:
• Competitive hourly pay, depending on experience.
• Incentive bonuses based on meeting targeted goals
• Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
• Excellent health, dental, optical, and life insurance benefit program, with a significant portion of premium paid by the company.
• 401K Match Program
• Company sponsored training and a Tuition Reimbursement program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that successful outreach and program marketing is delivered to achieve program participation goals as well as weekly and annual key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Assist with developing outreach strategies to generate increased program participation
- Ensure that established daily performance goals are met through various outreach activities and event participation
- Report accurate results of outreach activity
- Advise internal teams on any relevant program concerns and recommend changes to current procedures based on field interactions and customer feedback
- Work independently to conduct energy assessments. This includes travel to the homes, meeting with the customer, completing paperwork, and using a handheld tablet to input energy saving measures, recommendations, and interface with multiple databases
- Perform energy assessments and record findings (e.g. insulation level, thermostat type, furnace efficiency, condition and water type savings) and download/upload the required forms and worksheets
- Provide and influence the homeowner to participate in the program
- Ensure that client brand is accurately displayed via a uniform, print collateral, table displays, etc.
- Performs related work as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communication or certification in maintenance, weatherization and/or energy efficiency principals and techniques.
- Sales experience
- Able to learn and work with new technology (e.g. handheld data devices)
- Proven successful track record in motivated marketing and outreach efforts
- Able to communicate with technical and non-technical individuals
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Exemplary communication and presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize activities and meet established goals and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, and handle a variety of activities concurrently
- Intermediate level of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Ability to travel locally
- Problem-solver. Able to respond to a diverse set of challenges in the field and do whatever it takes to meet project deliverables on schedule
- Current Michigan driver’s license and good driving record
The above information is intended to describe the most important aspects of the job. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required to perform the job.