This is a fully Remote and Work From Home (WFH) opportunity within the US
Science 37 seeks an experienced Senior User Researcher to help us innovate clinical studies. The ideal researcher will have a passion for learning about user behavior, needs, and goals as well as a talent for mentoring others in planning, conducting, and synthesizing user research.
The Senior User Researcher will partner with designers and strategists to plan and perform evaluative research aimed at identifying ways our products can be improved and validating design decisions. This critical role will help provide answers to the challenging and often unknown questions about our platform by conducting various types of research, working with cross-functional teams, and assisting the entire user experience team to ensure that our product is intuitive and accessible. Oral, visual, and written presentations of your research findings will be at the forefront of enacting change that helps us transform this industry.
By constantly focusing on the behavior, needs, and goals of our users, you will contribute to a platform that looks great, behaves intuitively, and touches people globally to enable broader access to clinical studies. We’ll provide you with high levels of mentorship, opportunities, and resources to generate data and understanding that is used to improve the clinical study industry. Join this team if you’re committed to making better clinical study experiences that drive faster enrollment, greater retention, and a more diverse representation to help billions of people worldwide.
You might be a good fit for this if you:
- Care about the future of clinical research and want to help shape it
- Want to work with passionate, curious people on a team that values bold ideas and a collaborative mindset
- Want to work on hard problems and set a new standard for modernizing established processes
- Excel at understanding and incorporating complex technical and business requirements into research
- Are among the best at what you do and want to work with peers who challenge you
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Collaboration – Partner with design and product leadership to develop a user research strategy, including tool selection, study cadence, and methodology.
- Research strategy - plan, implement, and lead strategies and methods for continuous user research including ethnographic research, quantitative, and qualitative research
- Mentoring – Coach product designers and strategists and collaborate with designers on research opportunities and best practices at various stages of the product development process.
- Personas –Manage the creation and upkeep of user personas as tools for helping the organization empathize and ideate for our users
- Validate User research – Collaborate with partners to understand the impact of user research on product strategy and measure the effectiveness of product features.
- Foster customer obsession – Find creative and compelling ways to generate, present, and evangelize research results and recommendations throughout the company, to help cultivate a highly informed, more effective, and more empathetic organization.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
Qualification Must Haves:
- 5 years of proven success leading user research projects with demonstrated impact on improving a product’s interaction design, visual design, or interfacing
- BA/BS in a relevant field of study OR equivalent work experience
- Portfolio OR ability to walk us through your recent work to showcase your experience with all aspects of user research including study design, recruiting, facilitation, analysis, and reporting.
- Comfortable conducting user interviews, running contextual inquiries, and examining usage analytics.
- Expertise in qualitative and quantitative methodologies, as well as knowledge of generative and evaluative research methods.
- Experience with UX design software such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.
- Comfortable working with agile and lean software development approaches.
- Able to hypothesize and adjust as needed.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Experience building and/or using a design system is a plus, but not required
- Background at a product-driven SAAS company is a plus, but not required
- Product design experience for healthcare or life sciences is a plus, but not required
- Prior experience as a consultant is a plus, but not required
- Strong communication and presentation skills – Present research findings to diverse audiences. Clear communication with both technical and non-technical individuals; the ability to listen, articulate ideas, and advocate best practices in both one-on-one and group settings through good verbal, visual, and written forms
- Interpersonal Savvy - Understands interpersonal and group dynamics and reacts in an effective and tactful manner. Has a range of interpersonal skills and approaches with the ability to select a best-fit approach.
- Patience – Willingness to help the team respond to user context, pains, and goals by sharing insights from user research while creating balance with the technical feasibility
- Professionalism and integrity – Demonstrated ability to foster concepts of teamwork, cooperation, focus, and flexibility to get the work done.
Position reports to the Product Design Manager, Design Operations who will also assign projects, provide general direction and guidance. Incumbent is expected to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision.
Science 37 values the well-being of its employees and aims to provide team members with everything they need to succeed.
Submit your resume to apply!