Schmidt Family of Companies, a real estate brokerage firm, is seeking a full-time Human Resources Manager.
Schmidt Family of Companies is a fifth-generation full-service real estate brokerage firm specializing in Luxury, Residential and Commercial real estate sales, Mortgage, Title, Relocation and Property Management. We have over 90 offices across Northeast Ohio, Michigan, both coasts of Florida and the U.S. Virgin Islands with 2,000 agents and broker associates and an annual sales volume of $5.521 Billion in 2021 with 19,858 closed transactions on the buy and sell side.
Responsibilities will include the following:
- Partners with the regional and company leadership team to understand and execute the organization's human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
- Provides support and guidance to management and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances such as providing reasonable accommodations, investigating allegations of wrongdoing, and terminations.
- Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
- Analyzes trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Administer various employee benefits programs, such as group health, flexible spending accounts, dental and vision, accident and disability, life insurance, 401(k), and wellness benefits.
- Assists with the accurate and timely processing of payroll
- Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Schmidt Family of Companies believes that diversity matters and that professionals with diverse backgrounds provide diverse approaches and ideas to solving problems and finding ways to advance our mission together. Candidates from underrepresented groups with diverse backgrounds and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply.
Why You Should Consider Working For Us
- You will be fairly compensated. Schmidt Family of Companies strives to provide all employees with competitive salaries and exceptional benefits. Benefits include excellent healthcare insurance; generous personal time off; and a full suite of insurance, including life, short-term disability, identity protection and 401(k).
- You will be part of a fast-paced and collaborative team of professionals with 95 years in the real estate industry and recognized as one of the top brokerages in the country.
- In 2019 we founded the Schmidt Community Fund, a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, dedicated to fulfilling our moral responsibility to serve one’s neighbor and community and helping our youth with their education so they have the skills necessary to realize their potential, paving the way for a life full of opportunities.
This position requires outstanding interpersonal skills and superior communication skills, the ability to be flexible and adapt to changes in the work environment and a willingness to take on new challenges. Preferred candidates will have:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of three years of human resource management experience preferred.
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP highly desired.
- Excellent negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software.
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems (Paylocity and Employee Navigator a plus).
A background check will be conducted as a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday