WE’RE HIRING! LOOKING FOR AN OUTGOING SANDWICH ARTIST TO JOIN OUR TEAM!
But first… what is a Sandwich Artist®? The Sandwich Artist is the face of our brand. They are responsible for greeting and serving guests, preparing food, maintaining food safety and sanitation standards, and handling light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a fundamental of this position.
OPPORTUNITIES FOR GROWTH::
Individuals that display business aptitude, a desire to learn and an ability to handle responsibility will be considered for management and positions at the corporate level.
• Education: Some high school or equivalent.
• Experience & Skills: No previous experience required. That being said a proven ability to understand written and verbal instruction is needed.
• Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES::
A SUBWAY® Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Completes University of SUBWAY®courses as directed
WILKES BARRE, PA
100 - 200
$10M - $50M
The job skills required for Sandwich Artist include Customer Service, Food Safety, food handling, Food Preparation, Accounting, etc. Having related job skills and expertise will give you an advantage when applying to be a Sandwich Artist. That makes you unique and can impact how much salary you can get paid. Below are job openings related to skills required by Sandwich Artist. Select any job title you are interested in and start to search job requirements.
Customer ServiceView Jobs
Food SafetyView Jobs
food handlingView Jobs
Food PreparationView Jobs
The following is the career advancement route for Sandwich Artist positions, which can be used as a reference in future career path planning. As a Sandwich Artist, it can be promoted into senior positions as a Fast Food Shift Supervisor that are expected to handle more key tasks, people in this role will get a higher salary paid than an ordinary Sandwich Artist. You can explore the career advancement for a Sandwich Artist below and select your interested title to get hiring information.
If you are interested in becoming a Sandwich Artist, you need to understand the job requirements and the detailed related responsibilities. Of course, a good educational background and an applicable major will also help in job hunting. Below are some tips on how to become a Sandwich Artist for your reference.
Step 1: Understand the job description and responsibilities of an Accountant.
Quotes from people on Sandwich Artist job description and responsibilities
Sandwich Artist checks to ensure that sandwich units are stocked and restocks products throughout the shift.
03/10/2022: Harrisburg, PA
According to resumes from both Sandwich Artists and Crew Members, some of the skills necessary to complete the responsibilities of each role are similar.
01/18/2022: Spokane, WA
An artemically trained Sandwich Artist greets and serves customers, prepares their meals, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes paperwork with ease.
01/29/2022: Chico, CA
There are also other tasks that a sandwich artist will be asked to do, which contribute to the main purpose they serve.
03/08/2022: Cincinnati, OH
Create great sandwiches for customer with outstanding and excellent customer service skills.
02/03/2022: Binghamton, NY
Step 2: Knowing the best tips for becoming an Accountant can help you explore the needs of the position and prepare for the job-related knowledge well ahead of time.
Career tips from people on Sandwich Artist jobs
Good communication skills, good analytical abilities, patience, sandwich making.
01/03/2022: Pine Bluff, AR
Most duties performed by a sandwich artist are done while standing on hard surfaces.
12/25/2021: Pittsfield, MA
Sandwich artists are employed by fast-food restaurants and delis to prepare sandwiches for customer consumption.
03/04/2022: Schenectady, NY
That being said, a sandwich artist may be asked to perform a variety of additional tasks during their shift.
02/12/2022: Lynchburg, VA
They also provide recommendations to customers, crafting sandwiches based on what the customer likes.
01/17/2022: Springfield, OR
Step 3: View the best colleges and universities for Sandwich Artist.